LG G2 Battery life .. Is it normal ?

abdulwahab93

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I bought G2 yesterday and read amazing reviews about its battery life.... My phone has been off the charger for 2 hrs and 11 mins and screen time is 45 mins .... I have been using just BBM and whatsapp. Its down to 90% right now ..... I wasnt expecting it to go down to 90% since ive read on forums people go on for 2 days with moderate usage

RobotHeaven

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
That sounds about right. The reason why it can last so long is because it's extremely efficient when not being used. When you're actively using it it will discharge at around 10% per hour, when you're not using it around 5% over 6 hours.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Well 45 minutes you dropped 10% so that's an average of about 7.5 hrs on screen time. Not to bad.

I would just use the phone and not stress about the numbers. Use it and see if it gets you thru the day alright. If you have issues after a few days then trouble shoot

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One

dctokyo

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I bought G2 yesterday and read amazing reviews about its battery life.... My phone has been off the charger for 2 hrs and 11 mins and screen time is 45 mins .... I have been using just BBM and whatsapp. Its down to 90% right now ..... I wasnt expecting it to go down to 90% since ive read on forums people go on for 2 days with moderate usage

here is a good app to see what is using your battery and it is free with no ads..........Battery Doctor (Battery Saver),
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ijinshan.kbatterydoctor_en

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
There's nothing wrong with your G2. 6-8 hrs screen on time is normal. Those that report 48 hrs+ battery life only have the screen on 1.5-2 hrs each day.

Sent from my LG-G2 running CMB 4.4.2

greyhd

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Like others have stated, 6-8 hrs SOT is normal. Those that claim 48-100 hrs battery life are either not using the phone or on wifi all day. If you really want ot extend the battery you can also turn off sync but then what is the point of having a smart phone?

C_McGuire

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just to add, if your G2 is fairly new, I noticed that my battery life improved quite a bit after 2 weeks or so.

I am a heavy user and keep everything on, brightness maxed, etc... and most days I'm around 10-15% when it's time for bed. Though there are some days where I hardly use the phone and it'll be in the 70's at the end of the day.

I'm thrilled with the G2's battery life. Best phone I've ever had.

Posted via Android Central App

Durocks

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
In my case, i've had the phone Unplugged for 1 hour 23 minutes, with 55 min SOT, and it went down to 80%, how is that normal? LG D802 International.

Durocks.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
In my case, i've had the phone Unplugged for 1 hour 23 minutes, with 55 min SOT, and it went down to 80%, how is that normal? LG D802 International.

Durocks.

Depends on what you've been doing during the 55 mins of SOT. I'm usually at 90% after 1-1.25 hrs SOT as long as I'm not playing games or watching a video. You can use Gsam battery stats to get a better idea of what's draining battery.

Sent from my G2 running SOKP

Kwesi Yasay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Like others have stated, 6-8 hrs SOT is normal. Those that claim 48-100 hrs battery life are either not using the phone or on wifi all day. If you really want ot extend the battery you can also turn off sync but then what is the point of having a smart phone?

I only get 3-4 hrs of SOT on my htc one m8. I think theres something wrong.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

yee808

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I had my phone charged fully too 100% last night 11pm HST. I woke up at 3am it was still at 100%. Then I woke up again at close to 8am and it was at 98%. LG G2 has a pretty badass battery if you keep all you apps closed thats not in use. Mines is 86% since I was playing Clash of Clans for a little bit...

peterthorne

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I thought I was doing pretty well today with my new G2 at around 4 hours of screen time and 50% battery. Later at home, when I was at 35% I didn't touch the phone for an hour, and it was still at 35% when I turned it back on.

Then things took a turn for the worse. I went out in my nearby town, visting some establishments, and didn't touch my phone for one hour. But when I did, the battery had dropped from 34% to 23%. One hour, didn't use the phone at all! What's that about?

Vivek Rajguru

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
When the network signal gets weaker, the phone tries hard to reach for the available. Since you said you were traveling that should have been the case. And battery drains fast when the signal strength is weaker usually.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon