LG G2: Post KitKat Issues

conman1395

May 13, 2012
Visit site
KitKat has brought me some issues. I love the even better battery life and device speed, but two specific problems have come up that are irritating me like crazy.
First: Google Music randomly tells me it cannot access the stream.
Secind: Wifi connection is terrible. The problem isn't necessarily a weak connection. If I walk around campus or to my dorm, my phone will notice the network, and try to obtain the IP address for hours unless I cancel the connection and try again.
I did a factory reset right after the update, and I would hate to do it again.
Is anyone else having these issues?

Last edited by a moderator:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Post KitKat Issues

KitKat has brought me some issues. I love the even better battery life and device speed, but two specific problems have come up that are irritating me like crazy.
Secind: Wifi connection is terrible. The problem isn't necessarily a weak connection. If I walk around campus or to my dorm, my phone will notice the network, and try to obtain the IP address for hours unless I cancel the connection and try again.
I did a factory reset right after the update, and I would hate to do it again.
Did you factory reset after updating? If not, try that (backup all your data first) and see if that helps.

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
After I realized it was SwiftKey that was causing it, I had wiped my phone again which included other reasons, but I had reinstalled my SwiftKey but not started the app and just kept using the LG Keyboard so that I can get notification from Play Store when an update is available and then try again. Since then I've installed the Google Keyboard and find that better than LG's but still not better as far as predictive typing than the SwiftKey.

No one is sure. It all seems to work OK after you clear the error message.

RobotHeaven

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site

Yes on Google music stream, driving me nuts too

Posted via G Pad 8.3

mount.zed

May 31, 2013
Visit site
not really dead for me but really compromised. Need to tap it hard like 6-8 times. Now it is easier to press the rear button, than tapping like a fiend

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
not really dead for me but really compromised. Need to tap it hard like 6-8 times. Now it is easier to press the rear button, than tapping like a fiend

My friend, I kock on that screen as it was Heaven Door. Knock on is full blast dead on my G2. The good of Kit Kat: super battery power, faster internet use, transparent notification bar. The good of 2014; LG G3.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk