help please - screen flickering issue

Gavvykinz

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Heeey guys im having an issue where at certain brightness my screen flashes ... anyone else have this issue? Like it just always flickers... only at certain brightness. Also another dumb question does looking at pixilated stuff like pictures or very low quality video slowly weaken the screen and make it look worse thanks

Posted via Android Central App

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
No what is displayed has very little if any effect on the screen. Back 20 years ago on a LCD computer maybe but the newer LCDs don't suffer that any longer.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Is the screen slightly flashing when you scroll? Some G2 owners have had this issue when screen brightness is above 20%.

Sent from my LG-G2 running CM 11

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Heeey guys im having an issue where at certain brightness my screen flashes ... anyone else have this issue? Like it just always flickers... only at certain brightness. Also another dumb question does looking at pixilated stuff like pictures or very low quality video slowly weaken the screen and make it look worse thanks

Posted via Android Central App

What version of android are you on? When I was 4.2.2 I had screen flickering at some brightness settings and I used auto (like I have on all my phones and tablets). When I updated to kit Kat 4.4.2 it completely resolved my issue. I have the at&t variant.

ಠ益ಠ

Tuoban Initan

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, i removed my sim card from my LG G2 device and replaced it with a new one while the phone is on because of network problem. As I removed the sim card the phone is loading something up to 100% then suddenly it turned off and restarted. Upon turning on the phone screen started to flicker then i found out that the date was automatically adjusted without confirmation. I was curious if the removing/inserting of the sim card while the phone is on is the cause of the flickering problem so I did it again and again and its getting worse. By now, its hard for me to read and type using my phone because of the flickering thing. I already rebooted my phone many times and changed settings and even restored it to factory settings after a few back-up to my pc but still the flickering issue is still there. I think that the sim card slot of the LG G2 is very sensitive, we should not remove/insert sim card while the phone is still on to avoid damages to the phone. Please let me know if you know something that could solve the flickering issue. Tnx a lot.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, i removed my sim card from my LG G2 device and replaced it with a new one while the phone is on because of network problem. As I removed the sim card the phone is loading something up to 100% then suddenly it turned off and restarted. Upon turning on the phone screen started to flicker then i found out that the date was automatically adjusted without confirmation. I was curious if the removing/inserting of the sim card while the phone is on is the cause of the flickering problem so I did it again and again and its getting worse. By now, its hard for me to read and type using my phone because of the flickering thing. I already rebooted my phone many times and changed settings and even restored it to factory settings after a few back-up to my pc but still the flickering issue is still there. I think that the sim card slot of the LG G2 is very sensitive, we should not remove/insert sim card while the phone is still on to avoid damages to the phone. Please let me know if you know something that could solve the flickering issue. Tnx a lot.

Throw the phone at your own head. Then never buy another device powered by electricity till you studied why what you just did was about the dumbest thing ever.

F.Y.I. Doing the same thing over and over hoping for a different result is the definition of insanity.

Tuoban Initan

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Why should I throw my phone? My phone is still covered in warranty period, no matter how big or small the damage of my phone still its free of charge. Its not yet the end of my phone. Curiosity is the key to failure and success. Im not posting this concern here to get an insane feedback of yours. Im just trying to share my experience to others so that they will know and be aware not to do the same. Maybe you consider yourself as an expert but mind you that insane thing you mentioned is surely not me, maybe its you. The words from your tongue are not good but still i appreciate your effort. May God bless you!