LG G2 Touchscreen Issues

stephb22

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I recently upgraded to a LG G2 (White) from my Nexus 4. I got the phone in February, and started having issues with it the first day. The screen did a weird flickering thing. I went into a T-Mobile store and asked them about the flicker, and the sales rep told me that he has the phone and has the same issues and that the screen is just sensitive. Told me there wasn't anything wrong with my phone.

The probably continued, and I started having other screen issues. My phone's screen would not time out from time to time. I would tap it to make it turn off, and it would pop back on. Turned it off with the back button and the screen would pop back on. I had to leave the screen on until it decided to turn off, which drains the battery. It stayed on during an entire movie in the theater.

Along with that came other issues. My screen was unresponsive at times or it would just start clicking random things. I would have to time the screen out and turn it back on and it would work for less than a minute before it would be unresponsive again. I eventually took it into T-Mobile( after the 12 days of purchase, I thought it was 14) and explained my issues to the manager. He then plugged in my phone into the useless troubleshooting tool and determined there wasn't anything wrong with my phone. I needed to uninstall all my "third party apps" which I didn't have any and told me to do a factory reset on my phone. He then told me I needed to do a firmware update as well. I was constantly checking my phone for updates so I knew it didn't have an update available. Asked him what my options were because he said it wasn't a warranty issue. He told me to go through insurance or get a new phone basically. I wasn't very happy, and left with my phone. Did what he said the factory reset and the issue persisted.

Finally, I got fed up and called LG directly. Explained to them my issue and they told me to send my phone in and they would repair it or send me another one. My phone is currently at the LG Repair center.

T-Mobile was absolutely no help, and I don't understand why they think should pay for a phone that doesn't work that I just got, makes no sense.

If anyone else is having the same issues, I would return the device if it's within the the time frame! That or contact LG directly!!

*Also used the quick memo and determined my phone had a dead spot. *

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Wow, not surprised by the lack of support from the carrier. Carriers in general try to not offer too much in store support. But, in the end you did do the right thing by getting the device to LG for a look and seems like you are going to be taken care of.

Aside from that, how are you liking the device?

androidnub

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I have had the exact same problem with my phone. I've had it since October, however, and have patiently put up with it.

There is another thread around here somewhere where one of the carriers down in the US (I'm from Canada) released a firmware update that seemed to fix the issue.

I'm hoping when my phone eventually gets 4.4 it is fixed.

BecomingDeath13

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I haven't had any of those problems, or the Phantom touch issue with my phone. Before I got this phone I was concerned I'd have issue with it like everyone else, but was pleasantly surprised. I've had it for 3 months so far.
I do however get occasional hang ups where the notification bar will come down and the bottom half will be invisible. Minor inconvenience, but an inconvenience nonetheless.
I hope LG solves your problems for you though. I love this phone and you definitely shouldn't have to put up with those issues.

-Adam-
Sent from my LG-LS980.

stephb22

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
I loved the phone itself! I was really hoping the issue would just go away but when it didn't I was disappointed. Lg said it was a defective touch key that they fixed. I should receive my phone in a few days and I'll post an update on how it's working.

androidnub

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Would just like to update. Received the 4.4.2 kit Kat update this morning via Telus, and the screen issues that I was having before have disappeared. All day with absolutely no issues. I'm so ecstatic right now that this phone is working 100% for me!

Hope this helps

stephb22

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
I received my phone today and it's running perfectly. I'm so excited. I haven't had any issues. They replaced my screen and my phone was updated to 4.4.2 when I got it back. Very pleased.

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Both posters above glad to hear your phones are working great. The LG-G2 is a great phone. Glad you guys can enjoy it to its full potential now. :D

ಠ益ಠ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol