My LG G2 won't knock on

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
WTF THAT WORKED... BUT YEA LIKE gsdurran SAID THE RESPONSE IS NOT THE SAME..

you quick tap for off but slow tap for on lol..

hopes that's fixed soon..
but atleast I can go back to being lazy and not pick up my phone to turn it on lol....

phoneaddict78

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Mine works a lot better actually after Sprint's KK update. I'm using Nova Prime launcher don't know if that makes a difference.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

coolblood2

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to add that I have noticed that also my screen won't turn on when i unplug from charging. Although it will when i plug it in to charge. Not sure if that makes a difference or not but kind of weird.

darrylklose

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: My lg g2 wont knock on

Nice job DWR-31! Of all the suggestions this one solved the problem. Takes a little practice to get the right timing but now working 100%

Eugenio Infurna

May 16, 2014
Visit site
There is a solution; (not sure about it, my friend had the same problem and he fixed it with this method)

Open dialer menu and type;
5689#*980# (Sprint)
3845#*801# (T-Mobile)
3845#*803# (AT&T Canada)
3845#*802# (International)
3845#*800# (At&T)
3845#*980# (Verizon)

And when hidden menu is showed up, go to "Settings"
and go to "Update Touch Firmware".
The touchscreen won't work until after 5 seconds, Wait for it and if touchscreen gets working, exit the menu.
Lock the phone and try knocking on the screen, It should be working ;)
gooooood...it works

ZLivingston

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Okay folks. Knock-off works, but Knock-on doesn't.
Turn off the setting in the gestures menu. Reboot your phone. Turn on setting. Power button lock your phone.
Now tap screen firmly for one second then tap firmly again. (No quick tapping like you're trying to turn the screen off)

Say this out loud. (1.- 2.)
One dot, two dot.
The first touch has to be firm and for a solid 1 second.

Sent from my SPARK enabled Sprint LG G2. K00949438Yd FRAMILY!

This works just do exactly what this says hold your finger found one let up back down say two.! !!

buffdaddy72

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: My lg g2 wont knock on

My G2 knock on function started acting up about a week ago. I called CS and they told me to bring it to a service center shop. Went there today and the guy pretty much did everything I did (restart, calibration, factory reset even dialing the phone number for the hidden menu) and nothing worked. They finally just ordered me a replacement which should arrive in a couple of days.

Like some of you knock off works fine, it's just the knock on that won't work.

Joshua Kirkland1

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I just uninstalled one of my favorite apps called clean master while troubleshooting my knock on problem and voila it's perfect, just as easy as it was out of the box. I'll try to let the developer know that it was interfering with it because I really like the app but no doubt for mine it was Clean Master.

Posted via Android Central App

Joshua Kirkland1

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Ok, later in the day not as easy as it once was, I do use a softcase, but I still believe optimising app was interfering. I'll keep trying to fix it because I got this phone for 1 penny on Amazon wireless with an upgrade so I don't want to get ripped off. Especially with it's giant ips screen and 2.3 ghz processor. Man i feel like I'm in advertising.

Joshua Kirkland1

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Ok I'm just posting here to log my progress now. Hopefully everyone else in this forum fixed the issue and didn't give up. I noticed that my screen is moving within the bezel (I hope that's the correct word meaning the plastic body of the phone) and is not allowing the the digitzer to sense the vibration. I know it was not like this new and I've dropped it numerous times so it is a hardware issue

Joshua Kirkland1

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
There isn't a settings in the hidden menu just a bunch of testing options that are really annoying. I've read about a few things from test menu that simply don't exist when you dial *#*#5689980#, or something like that, none of which were there. But if you can find the secret secret menu then you can really mess with stuff. The way you access it is text " Iron Knee " to all of your contacts using a mass text then when you get a reply from a number you don't recognize that says " who is this " you press and hold on that text window until you figure out how your text is now going to people randomly from contacts saved from people you text'd and the secret secret menu will appear you can root your phone just by dialing 1800 idoroot. Seriously though I'm unrooting or flashing back to stock zvc so I can get this issue worked on under warranty and redownloading clean master

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I ended up paying $25 for sprint to replace my G2 (cause of some new warranty rule. and I had my previous BB replaced 2xs last year) (so lame)
but anyways. this one thank fully knock on/off and no weird gapps message when I turn on/off BUT it doesn't have kitkat on it. im hesitant about updating it. are their any people not having any issues with the KK update on their g2? and if so what steps did you take to update?

tuki_online

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
There is a solution; (not sure about it, my friend had the same problem and he fixed it with this method)

Open dialer menu and type;
5689#*980# (Sprint)
3845#*801# (T-Mobile)
3845#*803# (AT&T Canada)
3845#*802# (International)
3845#*800# (At&T)
3845#*980# (Verizon)

And when hidden menu is showed up, go to "Settings"
and go to "Update Touch Firmware".
The touchscreen won't work until after 5 seconds, Wait for it and if touchscreen gets working, exit the menu.
Lock the phone and try knocking on the screen, It should be working ;)

Works like a charm! :D

Sharynn Ann

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
OK What do you see under Go to Settings>General>Gestures>Knockon? Not under Display, but GESTURES!!! and see it it's checked. WHy it stopped, who knows!

Joshua Kirkland1

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I've long since got the g3 and gave my wife the g2 with non working knock on. A few minutes ago I downloaded and installed the knock pattern update and it didn't fix it but low and behold in the dark with the screen on I saw faint light gaps along the edge and screen. I put a tiny amount of super glue in the gaps waited a couple minutes then did the turn off trick and its fixed! The screen was loose.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12