It's here.... FINALLY!!

Sincs

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
So... I've finally received the kitkat update and to say I'm underwhelmed is an understatement.
Apart from the different colour wifi and battery icons I'm finding it hard to see or notice any differences.
I know they say the performance is better and battery lasts longer, but where are the new "toys"??

Is there a 'new features' list somewhere so I can see exactly what is new?? I've googled it and either my google skills are rubbish or there isn't an LG G2 specific features list on the entire internet.

Anyone???

infirno77

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
So... I've finally received the kitkat update and to say I'm underwhelmed is an understatement.
Apart from the different colour wifi and battery icons I'm finding it hard to see or notice any differences.
I know they say the performance is better and battery lasts longer, but where are the new "toys"??

Is there a 'new features' list somewhere so I can see exactly what is new?? I've googled it and either my google skills are rubbish or there isn't an LG G2 specific features list on the entire internet.

Anyone???

Can you pull the ota from /catch/fota and pay a link do we can download it?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Sincs

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so just found this....

Improved user interface with Android 4.4 KitKat: The latest version of Android includes enhancements such as restyled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen mode, improved closed captioning support, and stronger security.

Improved battery efficiency: the phone plays music more efficiently and supports the battery-saving location mode, extending battery life.

Faster processing speed: The latest version of Android provides a noticeable speed boost that runs applications 17 percent faster than before and web-browsing speed is mproved with the Chromium engine.

Printing in the Cloud: Google Cloud Printer makes it simple to print documents via Wi-Fi or a Bluetooth connection.

Enhanced “Knock On” feature: The responsiveness of LG’s Knock On feature has been improved.

So basically nothing new for me then.... my battery last longer than I need it too already, knock on already worked perfectly, speed was already very fast and an extra millisecond isn't going to be noticeable, blah blah blah.

Maybe this phone was too good in the first place... it's hard to improve on perfection, I guess.

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site

Anyone???

The update allows you to go get the Google Now launcher which I'm using and really like. Performance is even better than stock the LG one. Only downfall is knock off is restricted to the top title bar but I found an app that let's me knock off on the edges I use to solve that.

Just my two cents.

The app I use is here. I also have swipe left from right boarder to bring up task manager as I have always hated needing to hold the home button, not something I ever had to do on my tablets and don't like it on my phone.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=globe.trotter.gesture.overlay&token=gHPh2EDz

SQUIRREL!!!

Sincs

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
The update allows you to go get the Google Now launcher which I'm using and really like. Performance is even better than stock the LG one. Only downfall is knock off is restricted to the top title bar but I found an app that let's me knock off on the edges I use to solve that.

Just my two cents.

The app I use is here. I also have swipe left from right boarder to bring up task manager as I have always hated needing to hold the home button, not something I ever had to do on my tablets and don't like it on my phone.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=globe.trotter.gesture.overlay&token=TQQl7d8G

SQUIRREL!!!

Didn't know it made installing Google Now launcher possible, will give that a try. Although having knock off at the top or edges may be a deal breaker for me. But anyhow, that app looks interesting... Will give it a go.

To be fair, after using kitkat for a few hours I have noticed some areas of performance improvement.... mainly during scrolling... i.e. my whatsapp contacts list and apps list don't stutter at all now. It was minimal before but now (at the moment) it doesn't happen at all. Launching apps feel a bit quicker too, but only slightly as there wasn't much room for improvement there. If they were opening too much quicker than 4.2 then they'd be opening before I clicked them.

Sincs

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Hmmmm.... Why can't I install Google Now launcher??

It doesn't appear in search result in play store on my phone, and if I search for it in the play store from my PC then it says it isn't compatible with my device.

Did you sideload the apk??

EDIT: Got it from another *ahem* store.

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Hmmmm.... Why can't I install Google Now launcher??

It doesn't appear in search result in play store on my phone, and if I search for it in the play store from my PC then it says it isn't compatible with my device.

Did you sideload the apk??

EDIT: Got it from another *ahem* store.

Side loaded the apk from another site, similar to what you did. :)

SQUIRREL!!!