05-22-2015 08:42 AM
30 12
tools
    Everyone I know has an issue with quiet mode on their LG G2 and it is frustrating that LG pretends there is no problem. On my phone the scheduled quiet mode has never worked consistently. It can not be counted on and it is frustrating to be woken up at 2:30 am because you think it should be working and you receive a spam email or something equally as goofy. By the way, I am refraining from giving you the response you deserve.
    04-02-2015 07:55 PM
    G2's suck for this issue. I wish LG would just admit it so that there isn't thousands of people looking for non-existent answers. My scheduled quiet mode is a dismal failure and it is that way on every G2 that I know of.
    04-02-2015 07:57 PM
    It is a problem that is in every G2 that I know of and it can't be fixed, as far as I know. I gave up looking for answers, as did my wife. I wish LG would just admit it so that people know not to look for non-existent answers.
    04-02-2015 08:00 PM
    I just downloaded Silent Time and hope it works well. LG should buy ou the app and give it away free in an update to rid the world of this issue once and for all.
    04-02-2015 08:08 PM
    Another problem with quiet time on a LG G2 (a relative's) (O2 in the UK).

Don't ask me what they did to start the problems - but a few days ago quiet time turned itself on and it was *impossible* to turn it off (I spent hours reading threads and messing with settings).

This rendered the phone useless as, you know, an actual phone...

Here is what I had to do to fix it:-
    Downloaded the LG mobile support tool from the LG website (for Windows 7).
    Connected phone.
    Phone then told me to install LG suite software (well over a few hundred MB of a download).
    The suite software refused to connect to the phone.
    Uninstall drivers.
    Reinstall drivers (twice).
    Started Mobile support tool again.
    Waited 10 minutes until the util decided it would connect to the phone (had to chose the 'connect to lg software' option on the phone in contradiction to the instructions on the Mobile support tool).
    Util told me the the drivers it was trying to install were older than the current drivers.
    Removed current drivers.
    Tried again.
    Looked like it was working.
    Got to about 20%.
    Then it said 'not enough charge in battery' and had to abort the whole process.
    Charged phone for an hour.
    Repeated process.
    Downloaded 1.6GB! Yes - approx 1,600 MB.
    Approx 3 hours later, the quiet mode problem was solved!

LG, do you reckon the average LG G2 owner will be happy enough doing this????
    05-22-2015 08:42 AM
30 12