LG G2: Is 16gb enough?

lucverhoeven

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Coming from an S3, Im considering buying a G2. But I think the 32gb model is too expensive. Are there any 16gb model owners here who have complaints or otherwise about the amount of storage? I read theres about 10 to 11gb left for the owner after LGs skin etc. Now I dont need tons of storage but I dont wanna have a few hundred pics and a couple of vids and lets say 3 gb of music and some apps and constantly have the popup : LOW MEMORY...I just dont wanna regret picking up a 16gb model.

Can you help me decide? Or do you have any ideas in terms of cloud storage?

Thanks from Netherlands

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

dctokyo

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Is 16gb enough on a G2?

The G2 sold here in Japan as a SD slot, so we can add up to 64GB of more storage, how about there?
anyway,I think you might regret getting a 16GB one if you plan on keeping it for a couple of years as you might run out of space.

nixndax

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site

Coming from an S3, Im considering buying a G2. But I think the 32gb model is too expensive. Are there any 16gb model owners here who have complaints or otherwise about the amount of storage? I read theres about 10 to 11gb left for the owner after LGs skin etc. Now I dont need tons of storage but I dont wanna have a few hundred pics and a couple of vids and lets say 3 gb of music and some apps and constantly have the popup : LOW MEMORY...I just dont wanna regret picking up a 16gb model.

Can you help me decide? Or do you have any ideas in terms of cloud storage?

Thanks from Netherlands

Hi. I went from the galaxy s3 to LG G2. I haven't had a problem with the memory. I rooted my phone and got rid of the LG bloat ware and that freed up some space on the available memory. I've unrooted it since so that I'll be able to get the kitkat upgrade its available.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

lucverhoeven

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

Hi. I went from the galaxy s3 to LG G2. I haven't had a problem with the memory. I rooted my phone and got rid of the LG bloat ware and that freed up some space on the available memory. I've unrooted it since so that I'll be able to get the kitkat upgrade its available.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Aah thats a great solution. Thanks.

lucverhoeven

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

The G2 sold here in Japan as a SD slot, so we can add up to 64GB of more storage, how about there?
anyway,I think you might regret getting a 16GB one if you plan on keeping it for a couple of years as you might run out of space.

Here in europe we dont have sd slots in G2's....crazy but true

Ranny99

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

Came from an optimus g pro with 64gb card to a 16gb g2, just had to discipline myself and be a bit more organised. I've got 40 albums and half a dozen audio books and plenty of room left.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

RobotHeaven

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

Yeah i've had no problem. It's only music and vidoes that are likely to take up space - I use deezer for music so there's no need to store any music on my phone. For videos you can use dropbox.

I alwasy have about 7GB spare

Sincs

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

A clean phone out of the box gives you about 6-7gb free space...

100 apps later, and couple of music albums and a few movies and I'm running low on space. Very low.

Throw in a few video recordings and it's all over.

16gb... enough space if you're careful, but in reality it would be a lot less stressful if it was at least 32gb.

DWR_31

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

American G2's only come in the 32Gb variant.

Sent from my SPARK enabled Sprint LG G2. K00949438Yd FRAMILY!

lucverhoeven

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

Yeah i've had no problem. It's only music and vidoes that are likely to take up space - I use deezer for music so there's no need to store any music on my phone. For videos you can use dropbox.

I alwasy have about 7GB spare

Arent you constantly using data when listening from deezer and watching videos from Dropbox?

Michaelk0105

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
16gb has been plenty for me. I only ever keep a few apps loaded at a time, most apps are a waste of memory anyway. I have got a meenova card reader, but haven't even needed it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles