New Owner of LG G2 with some concerns

fjgotgame24

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Small concerns but still felt I should get some feedback regarding my issues. Number one, its locked on me a few times already and have no clue whats the reason for it. Happened once when I went to open FB messenger the other time I'm really not sure wat I was doing when it froze, probably just opening something or clicking home button. Number two, battery life is not as good for me as some people have mentioned in other posts as mine feels pretty regular. Lasts about a little more than half a day before needing a charge, not that its completely drained but there's like 25% battery left. Lastly, seems like a lot of ram is being used all the time for some reason. Its funny because phones keep getting more ram, but they just keep using more of it, never really gives us tons of free ram like you think it would. I think on mine I usually have like 500-600mb free. Im by no means a phone expert but its just how I feel and I do my best to get the most of my phones. However even with these issues the phone has been pretty solid, and a huge upgrade from my LG Lucid 2 so I'm not complaining.But you know how it is, its a constant quest

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Small concerns but still felt I should get some feedback regarding my issues. Number one, its locked on me a few times already and have no clue whats the reason for it. Happened once when I went to open FB messenger the other time I'm really not sure wat I was doing when it froze, probably just opening something or clicking home button. Number two, battery life is not as good for me as some people have mentioned in other posts as mine feels pretty regular. Lasts about a little more than half a day before needing a charge, not that its completely drained but there's like 25% battery left. Lastly, seems like a lot of ram is being used all the time for some reason. Its funny because phones keep getting more ram, but they just keep using more of it, never really gives us tons of free ram like you think it would. I think on mine I usually have like 500-600mb free. Im by no means a phone expert but its just how I feel and I do my best to get the most of my phones. However even with these issues the phone has been pretty solid, and a huge upgrade from my LG Lucid 2 so I'm not complaining.But you know how it is, its a constant quest

Android uses ram differently than a pc. Don't worry about it so much. The battery is an issue. I am going a full day with power to spare. I am using the screen 3-5 hours the last couple days, each day and ending the day with over 50%. You might have a rogue app draining your battery.

Posted via Android Central App

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Have you made sure all your apps are updated? Go to the Playstore, at top the tap left of Playstore and select My Apps. Make sure all your apps are updated. Could be a misbehave app. You can also view what is using your battery...go to Settings, Battery, at the top of Battery it says Battery discharging....tap there and your can view what apps are using your battery. Usually the Display is at the top (Display is about 50% use of battery). Review for anything weird. If there is Android System high, or a Google Service high, you have a rogue app. You can either delete all apps and go back and look if the usage has changed. Reinstall each app to see who's doing it. If it didn't, you just need to Factory Rest the phone as we may never know. For the record, when I get a new software update, like our Kit Kat were just got, I usually back up everything, and do a Factory Reset just to clean up any junk from the past installing, uninstalling. It makes me feel better.

RobotHeaven

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

lucverhoeven

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Do you guys use any battery saving apps or anything like that?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I never have. Its bullsh*t in my opinion. Just turn off wifi, bt and gps when not needed. Also turn off unneeded notifications like for Linkedin, FB and Gmail. Even my S3 gets 30+ hrs battery with those tips. Screen brightness to aboit 30pct and youre a good'n :)

Posted via Android Central App

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site

Battery concerns, try this:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=com.uzumapps.wakelockdetector&token=4XXe16h0

Let it run for a full day and at the end of its battery life check it. Worked for me. Google+ went rogue on me for a few days.

RobotHeaven

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Do you guys use any battery saving apps or anything like that?

Seriously, no need to bother with battery saving apps because they're a waste.
Have a look at several "battery saving" apps and you'll see that most of their operation is about common sense and mostly silly things like switching display brightness to it's minimum when your battery reaches less than 10%. The monitroring and overhead necessary for such apps uses more battery than they ever save. Just an excuse for a developer to make money rather than providing anything genuinely useful.

lucverhoeven provides some good tips. Also switch off location services if you don't need them because they can be a drain when the phone is idle,.

I use GSam Battery Monitor to monitor battery usage, although i don't use it so much now compared to when I first got my phone and was babying it
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ps/details?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm&token=jgl4zND0
It's still useful though because it gives you an idea of everything that uses the battery so that you can quickly narrow down any problem areas

fjgotgame24

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Wow how do I hide certain images from gallery? I just had to delete my icons because every time I tried upload an image on FB, I had to scroll through all 1000+ icons

fjgotgame24

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
It's not hidden from the selection choices, it's hidden from the home gallery, but not fb gallery or any other gallery where your trying to upload an image.
Ok I definitely have a leak on my phone as I went to sleep on full charge with mobile data off, but WiFi on and the phone was out of battery when I woke up. Even my previous phone, the lg lucid2, could maintain its charge throughout the night easily with WiFi on so I'm sure there's some kinda leak.

fjgotgame24

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Android service came it top for usage at 32%...when I click on it there's a whole bunch of stuff the Android service runs that I don't know what they are.