Great combination of case and screen protector

Peckiro

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I never had a smartphone before last November when some family members shamed me into getting one. I chose the LG G2 (it didn't hurt that anything that the price dropped to $50 on Black Friday). If you have smaller hands as I do, the G2 can be a tough phone to physically hang on to. I bought several cases since I first got the phone and while they have been very protective they are bulky to a front pant pocket wearer. The last case I tried was a Ballistic that was very protective but was very difficult to pull out of my front pant pocket it often turned the pocket inside out when retrieving the phone, or it felt like I was actually tearing the pocket itself. The silicone rubber bumpers of the Ballistic case really played hell with my trouser pockets. The Zagg screen protector I bought back in December was starting to come off of one corner and would not stay attached no matter what I tried. I went back to the web to do some more intensive research on G2 cases and screen protectors and came up with a great pairing. Distronic is a Madison, WI based company that designs great cases made out of TPU (thermoplastic urethane) a dense hybrid plastic that is a combination of hard plastic and soft silicone plastic. The hybrid material is durable but somewhat soft and stretchy. It is stickier than the G2 case material but won't get stuck in your pocket or collect lint like a silicone case will. The case is MUCH less bulky than the Ballistic case it replaced, and probably offers a little less protection. If your a constant phone dropper, this probably isn't the case for you, but for the normal wear and tear in and out of a pocket and the occasional fumble and drop this case will do that job quite well. For a screen protector I went with the Iloome ScreenMate Flex which is an incredibly thin flexible glass and not a plastic film. The ScreenMate Flex transmits the same amount of light through it as does optical grade glass and you really have to look closely at the phone to notice that it has a screen protector in place.. What a great combination of case and screen protector, light and thin yet still protected. If you need the heavy duty protection of a fully armored case this combination is not for you. But if you're looking for moderate protection with minimal bulk this combination may work as well for you as it does for me. I picked up the Diztronic case for $10 on Amazon and the ScreenMate Flex directly from the Iloome site for $17.