Camera photo review dims right away

Thai Dan

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I have the international LG D802. In camera mode, when I press the photo icon at the bottom to review my last photo or other photos already in the gallery, the last photo opens and then almost immediately goes dim. I can't find a setting anywhere that controls this. Has anyone seen this? Can anyone help?
Thanks

Lance Danca

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
It happens to me when I use Photos (the Google+ photo app). When I use the stock gallery app, it works fine and does not dim. If it is happening in Gallery, you got me.

kakashiuchiha

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Does this happen to videos too because i had a problem like this. Heres the fix
> gallery
> any video
> menu button
> settings
> brightness.
that should fix the problem

Thai Dan

May 1, 2014
Visit site
No, it doesn't happen in video mode. I just tried doing a reset in both camera and video modes, but it had no effect on this problem. Still have the problem.

Lance Danca

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Try this.

Settings>Apps>Swipe to all>Select Google+>Clear Defaults

I have tried to replicate your problem in the gallery app, and I cannot get it to work. My assumption (I know, I know) was that you chose photos as the default app for displaying pictures.

After clearing defaults, go into camera, snap a pic, push the corner button to get a preview. If it asks what app choose gallery.

this will only work if the default is, in fact, photos.

Thai Dan

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Lance,

You are a gentleman and a scholar! Your instructions worked perfectly. Google+ was the culprit. I have now set the preview to Gallery and it works fine. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

FrownBuzzy

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I wish Googs would fix the dim pic issue in photos. It's not the whole screen (buttons at bottom dont dim) and a similar thing happens to the video in Hangouts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34