Ringtones From Text

JPWoody

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I haven't been able to find the answer to this yet, I'm hoping you all can help me. Can I get a sound in a text message...say my granddaughter laughing...and set it as a ringtone for my son's contact? This was one of my top 5 needs when purchasing a phone and I was assured I could, but can't figure it out. :confused:

Help and thanks in advance.
Woody

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Heh heh heh.. I've wanted to do the exact same thing. My grandson has this hilarious giggle that sounds like a gremlin.

Anyway, have you tried recording it with the built in voice recorder app? IIRC, you can then choose the sound byte and set it as a ringtone.

David

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I haven't been able to find the answer to this yet, I'm hoping you all can help me. Can I get a sound in a text message...say my granddaughter laughing...and set it as a ringtone for my son's contact? This was one of my top 5 needs when purchasing a phone and I was assured I could, but can't figure it out. :confused:

Help and thanks in advance.
Woody
Have you tried using a sound/voice recorder to capture the laugh then see if you can set it as a ringtone? I would imagine that you could. Here is a Play Store search for sound recorders: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...search?q=sound+recorder&c=apps&token=zB4eA3Pa

You may need to use an app, such as Rings Extended, to search for the sound file then set it as a ringtone.

JPWoody

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried using a sound/voice recorder to capture the laugh then see if you can set it as a ringtone? I would imagine that you could. Here is a Play Store search for sound recorders: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...search?q=sound+recorder&c=apps&token=XteniXtM

You may need to use an app, such as Rings Extended, to search for the sound file then set it as a ringtone.

They live out of state, so I'm not able to record it, I have to rely on my son sending them through a text. So, right now I'm downloading it to my computer, running it through my editing software and then uploading it. Was wanting to just save it as a ringtone and then use it without going through all the hassle. Kinda disappointed since I told the guy at the Verizon store that was very important to me and I can't do it. :(

I'll look for an app. Thanks for the suggestion!

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps try renaming the sound to a ".mp3" then find it in the stock music app. From there you should be able to assign it as a ring tone to a contact.

Posted via Android Central App