LG G2 Battery life too short

talalony

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Good evening!

I recently bought this device and i see people report 8+ hours of screen time while i get hardly 4 hrs. is it normal? ive attached a picture of gsm battery app but it does not look like something specific that causes this.

2014-05-23-16-43-37.jpg

Thanks ahead!

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
48.1% is apps?

Time to download CleanMaster app and clean things up, then reboot. Also time to see what apps are "Running" and clean those out if you can. Also, keep screen around 50%..that's where I keep things and can go almost 2 day without a charge.

talalony

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
its dont think there are things need to clean up since the phone is brand new (bought it 7 days ago)

i think i have hangouts installed but i dont use it

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
This screenshot doesn't tell us much actually, but your numbers loom very normal for 22 hours use... 2.6% battery use per hour is very respectable with 3 hours screen time.

Nothing is holding it awake, obvious from only 1:37 time, your app % is not high for that amount of runtime.

I think you are fine actually, if you want more details we would need screenshots of the screen, radio, and app sucker screens.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
This screenshot doesn't tell us much actually, but your numbers loom very normal for 22 hours use... 2.6% battery use per hour is very respectable with 3 hours screen time.

Nothing is holding it awake, obvious from only 1:37 time, your app % is not high for that amount of runtime.

I think you are fine actually, if you want more details we would need screenshots of the screen, radio, and app sucker screens.

Yep, I couldn't agree more with ace. 22 hours and you've got 43% battery left #G2Problems. :p

Many people would kill for 22 hours and 1% left. You are perfectly fine and normal on your battery usage.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

talalony

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Yep, I couldn't agree more with ace. 22 hours and you've got 43% battery left #G2Problems. :p

Many people would kill for 22 hours and 1% left. You are perfectly fine and normal on your battery usage.

I lost some of the data when i reboot but heres
What it shows

Screenshot_2014-05-24-01-57-33.jpg

Screenshot_2014-05-24-01-57-23.jpg

Also i should add that most of the time i was on 3g data and some of the time with no signal.

How does people get 3 days of use and 8 hrs of screen?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I lost some of the data when i reboot but heres
What it shows

Also i should add that most of the time i was on 3g data and some of the time with no signal.

Your usage is normal... There is nothing to worry about.

The phone has a big battery, its not magic... Your fine.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Simple. Charge your phone to 100%, leave it sit on a table, come back in three days, turn screen on, take screen shot showing 3 days on battery with 5% battery left.

The other way is not to charge you phone to 100%, then the battery screen doesn't reset it's "time on battery" number.

I don't believe anyone who says they get 3 days with 8 hours screen on time without doing something fishy.

Most people can get about a day with 4-6 hours screen on time.

talalony

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys!

Left it overnight at the charger. Got today great battery stats (same usage, but on wifi)
Screenshot_2014-05-24-20-32-23.jpg

Guess it had something to do with that? With that i could easily get 8 hrs screen (25%x2hrsx4)

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Simple. Charge your phone to 100%, leave it sit on a table, come back in three days, turn screen on, take screen shot showing 3 days on battery with 5% battery left.

The other way is not to charge you phone to 100%, then the battery screen doesn't reset it's "time on battery" number.

I don't believe anyone who says they get 3 days with 8 hours screen on time without doing something fishy.

Most people can get about a day with 4-6 hours screen on time.

Airplane mode and screen brightness <10%... Seriously, if you disable all radios and turn down screen brightness down it will run a phenomenal length of time.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Airplane mode and screen brightness <10%... Seriously, if you disable all radios and turn down screen brightness down it will run a phenomenal length of time.

If you are disabling all radios, why even have a phone?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
If you are disabling all radios, why even have a phone?

I'm not... read my quote, you asked HOW people are getting such phenomenal battery life, this is often how it is done, to show just how good the phone is or how good/lucky the poster is. People who do this are pretty much wasting their phones, it's like owning an Alienware laptop and doing nothing but playing Minesweeper.

Personally I get anywhere from 2-4 hours of screen time in a day with all radios active, and have anywhere from 25%-60% remaining at the end of the day, and I have never had to charge it during the day unless I for some reason I forget to plug it in overnight (even then it usually makes it through day 2, although barely). I am happy with my G2 as is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12