Can't send or receive pictures on my LG G2 from verizon

Alexis Pappas

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
So after the software update over a month ago, I was unable to send or receive pictures in messaging. I can upload to Facebook, instagram, ad email pics, but when I try to message a pic I get a grey box where the picture would be in my message Convo, that looks like a landscape picture with a crack through it, Like a broken picture.
This happened 6 weeks ago, I spent a few hours on the phone with tech support, we tried everything. Ended up having to do a factory reset and the problem resolved for like a few weeks then came back. I really don't want to do a reset again, if I'm going to have to keep doing it over a n d over again. This is ridiculous!
Anyone else have this issue? Any idea what it might be? I really like this phone but this is frustrating.

Posted via Android Central App

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
So after the software update over a month ago, I was unable to send or receive pictures in messaging. I can upload to Facebook, instagram, ad email pics, but when I try to message a pic I get a grey box where the picture would be in my message Convo, that looks like a landscape picture with a crack through it, Like a broken picture.
This happened 6 weeks ago, I spent a few hours on the phone with tech support, we tried everything. Ended up having to do a factory reset and the problem resolved for like a few weeks then came back. I really don't want to do a reset again, if I'm going to have to keep doing it over a n d over again. This is ridiculous!
Anyone else have this issue? Any idea what it might be? I really like this phone but this is frustrating.

I think the software update might have some bugs and because of it keeps hammering back on to you again and again, I would say try flashing the firmware again over to your device and I am sure this will help you out otherwise you have to wait for the next bug fix update my the LG. :(

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen or heard of this problem. I wonder if you've installed some type of app that is breaking it? I'd say perform another FDR, then don't install any apps for a few weeks.

Michael Kee

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. The official Verizon kit kat update was available. A month after installing, phone stopped receiving and send mms messages. Took phone lg g2 to a Verizon store and they couldn't solve the problem. They just told me a Verizon technician was aware of the problem and a Verizon technician will be contacting me. No call yet. I did my own hard reset and the problem was solved for only 5 days. The mms service is still not working after a month. Going to be contacting Verizon soon.

Alexis Pappas

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Michael- Nope! I'm in nursing school and in class all day every day, so my priority has not been to take my phone in. Its good to hear it's not just my phone, and I know it's not any app, I havent downloaded that much, and yeah, about 5 days after my reset and the update got reinstalled, the problem happened again. And the battery life turned to ****. I guess let me know if you hear anything!

Alexis Pappas

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Scottysize-
Well since others have had the same problem, I don't think it's just an app. Others have seen this happen right after the update too.

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Kelly-I have no idea how to do what you just said haha

Alexi - Well that's is just too much funny !! Anyway Let me make it short and simple so you can understand : what I said was you can expect the bug fix update arriving soon over your device because you are not the only one having .... similar problem is experienced by other users too.... :)

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Scottysize-
Well since others have had the same problem, I don't think it's just an app. Others have seen this happen right after the update too.

Sorry. Missed your reply. Yes, weird things happen after a major update such as this. One of those can be bad battery life. Did you perform an FDR? If so, then I'd say that you need to contact VZW and complain. If not, then you need to perform an FDR. FDRs should always be performed after a major update, such as going to KK as we just did.

Good Luck!

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem for a day or 2...then it went away on its own. Weird.

It's always taken phones a few days to settle down after a major update. I've seen and heard this many times. Glad it's working better for you.

simon_lefisch

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site

Have you checked your APN settings? May need to reset them. Also, does this happen when using an alt messaging app?

Rachael Mullaney

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
This is a known issue with the LG G2 phone. After doing tons of research on it and talking to many different reps at Verizon I've decided I'm taking my phone back. Thankfully I'm still in the return window, having just gotten it a little over a week ago. I'm really sad about it but don't want to wait around until September when the supposed "fix" will come through for it. I've been researching the Droid Maxx and I'm pretty sure I'm going with that one. Don't waste your time with any of the supposed "fixes" you may read about online anywhere...none of them seem to work.

simon_lefisch

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
This is a known issue with the LG G2 phone. After doing tons of research on it and talking to many different reps at Verizon I've decided I'm taking my phone back. Thankfully I'm still in the return window, having just gotten it a little over a week ago. I'm really sad about it but don't want to wait around until September when the supposed "fix" will come through for it. I've been researching the Droid Maxx and I'm pretty sure I'm going with that one. Don't waste your time with any of the supposed "fixes" you may read about online anywhere...none of them seem to work.

I have the same phone and can send/receive pics just fine. This is the first I've heard of this issue being known on the G2 while on stock. Custom ROMs are a different story. Only trying to help as I've helped other peeps with the same method. Don't be fooled by my profile. I may only have a dozen or so posts in this forum, but I have over a thousand on XDA.

If you're well within the return date, you could just have them give you a brand new and see if it does the same on a new phone, as if might be a prob with the current phone you have. I had an issue with GPS not locking at all. I went thru 3 different replacements before receiving one that worked. Now everything is great. Again, just a suggestion.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
This is not a known issue, that is ridiculous and a cop out answer. We have 3 G2's in my family, another 5 or 6 at my work, and those are just the ones I have personal experience with and NONE of the have issues with sending or receiving SMS or MMS messages. The G2 is one else of the most popular phones on Verizon for the last 9 months and it is an excellent device in all regards. If there is a "known issue" with the G2 it is issues with the GPS which seems to effect less than 1% of handsets.

I agree if you had this issue it is a problem that you probably won't fix with software, it is most a Verizon, have a bad SIM card, or just got an unfortunate bad handset.

I hope your happy with your DROID Maxx, Motorola makes an excellent device, but I will be honest, it is no comparison to the G2 is terms of quality or battery life.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463