New LG G2 owner - Cannot setup Hotmail Account - Login info. incorrect??

cckelly290

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Hey all,

This may have come up, but I am unable to find a thread that is similar. When trying to "Add an Account" for email, my LG G2 keeps stating that the login info is incorrect. However, using the same credentials, I can log into Hotmail via web browser (on PC & the G2).

I have a work GMail account on my G2 phone which works fine. Not sure if this phone is merely for 1 email account at a time?

Thanks and let me know if I need to be more specific. Keep in mind this is a big technological jump for me as my previous phone was a Blackberry from my previous employer, so be patient. :)

amenra

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I have mine working but I added it thru the other email link? Can't remember but it is possible.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

cckelly290

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Hey Amenra.....yeah, tried that with the same results. Quite frustrating how only my G2 thinks the login is incorrect and no other devices. Thanks, though.

korab84

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Download the Outlook.com app from Google Play Store...it's much better.

Posted via Android Central App on Nexus 5 or LG G2

amenra

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
That's odd because it works on my G2...... I did notice that if i tried using @outlook it wouldn't work or vice versa.............. lol I guess I should look.

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
that's weird. i just tried setting up my hotmail account as well and it also doesn't work. maybe hotmail doesn't play nice with the phone's default messaging app. i would download the outlook app as someone mentioned above.

amenra

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
See works for me.
a2emusab.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Alix_0u0

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
When it asks what type of email you want to connect to, tap Microsoft exchange instead of hotmail, I had the same issue and that's all I had to do, I'm guessing its because my email was created a while ago and is too old for the way Microsoft is used today. Also I heard there may be a two step verification that the phone is not setup to do.

Stephen Sheldon

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I had same problem with 2 factor logon enabled. I logged into outlook.com and when into advanced security when you look on how to setup up outlook.com on your android it will give you a different password to enter for your account. Once I entered this new password it created my live.com under gmail.

ahagle1

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
this absolutely worked!!! previously had the same issue stating my login info was incorrect, but once i chose Microsoft Exchange instead, was able to successfully sync my e-mail.