Problem answering phone calls

bigwilly087

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Just picked up the T-Mobile version today, love everything BUT about half the time I answer a phone call I can't hear the other person and they can't hear me. This happens when answering both through the quickwindow and also when answering with the case open. The only thing I can think of is the guy I bought it from on swappa rooted it, debloated, and out stock LG on. Any ideas? Should I factory reset?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So do you know for sure if it's rooted or not? It's easy enough to install a Root Checker to see.

If it isn't rooted, then there might be a problem with the phone itself, and maybe that's why the seller was trying to unload it. Have you checked with T-Mobile to make sure there aren't any network problems? You could consider asking T-Mobile for a replacement SIM as well.

bigwilly087

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Just checked, it is indeed rooted. What's weird is that it works sometimes, but only half the time. The seller is a guy named moose pretty well known on the xda forums, so i'd like to think he's not trying to pull a fast one. I'd hate to factory reset, would that unroot? I'm not an expert when it comes to rooting, roms, etc

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
A factory reset will not unroot the phone. To me this sounds more like a hardware issue than it does a software one.
Can't think of anything that you could do other than blowing in the mic and earpiece with a compressed air can. There might be something in there blocking out you or the other person's voice when talking.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What area do you live in? It could be a coverage issue, since T-Mobile isn't great outside of big metro areas.

bigwilly087

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
The reason I think it's a software issue is either it works 100% fine or its 100% silent on both ends. As far as location, I'm in Pittsburgh with what appears to be great coverage, down speeds around 30

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

bigwilly087

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I ended up putting stock software back on which seemed to solve the problem, also unrooted the device but im not too worried about that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

bigwilly087

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Problem is BACK. No idea what else to try since it's stock factory rom now. Guess it's time to return it. Such a great device, if no one else has had this issue i'll feel comfortable getting another one.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Problem is BACK. No idea what else to try since it's stock factory rom now. Guess it's time to return it. Such a great device, if no one else has had this issue i'll feel comfortable getting another one.

In that case I'd definitely return it. Even if it was on CL, I'd ask the guy to give you your money back.

bigwilly087

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
In that case I'd definitely return it. Even if it was on CL, I'd ask the guy to give you your money back.

Yup, I bought it on Swappa so I should have no issues. The guy is being a bit of a **** though saying its not his problem since it worked fine for him, luckily Swappa is not letting him pull that so i'll be returning it unless Tmobile support determines it's a network problem. They say to give their engineering department a few days to look into it, but they too are pretty certain the problem lies with the phone itself.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Yup, I bought it on Swappa so I should have no issues. The guy is being a bit of a **** though saying its not his problem since it worked fine for him, luckily Swappa is not letting him pull that so i'll be returning it unless Tmobile support determines it's a network problem. They say to give their engineering department a few days to look into it, but they too are pretty certain the problem lies with the phone itself.

Ahh, OK. That's cool, didn't know Swappa had buyer protection too.
Let us know how it goes

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21