Settings Menu crash on LG g2

Kaniyur Manikandan

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Long story short about my problem and seek your help

1) I am a very novice user
2) Rooted the phone to remove the bloatware and worked fine for a few days
3) Decided to do more cleansing and did something that constantly crashes my Settings menu
4) Decided to unroot and go back to factory, still did not help
5) Tried calling the servicer provider - he tried factory reset a couple of times, reload firmware and has now given up

I have an app for everything on the settings menu, so day to day working is covered, but however i want to change my keyboard to google keyboard instead of the default lg g2 as I would like to use voice dictation, and i am not able to. I have tried multiple ways and still not able to.

I guess I have corrupted one of the com.google ? files. I am a very basic user without any knowledge of advanced jargons that I see in the forums (You may ask why i rooted then, :) )

Btw, I am not able to root the phone again as I am not able to access the usb debugging under developer under settings..

So kind of stuck. Any help in sending me back to factory settings any other way?

Thanks in advance

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Long story short about my problem and seek your help

1) I am a very novice user
2) Rooted the phone to remove the bloatware and worked fine for a few days
3) Decided to do more cleansing and did something that constantly crashes my Settings menu
4) Decided to unroot and go back to factory, still did not help
5) Tried calling the servicer provider - he tried factory reset a couple of times, reload firmware and has now given up

I have an app for everything on the settings menu, so day to day working is covered, but however i want to change my keyboard to google keyboard instead of the default lg g2 as I would like to use voice dictation, and i am not able to. I have tried multiple ways and still not able to.

I guess I have corrupted one of the com.google ? files. I am a very basic user without any knowledge of advanced jargons that I see in the forums (You may ask why i rooted then, :) )

Btw, I am not able to root the phone again as I am not able to access the usb debugging under developer under settings..

So kind of stuck. Any help in sending me back to factory settings any other way?

Thanks in advance
So you were actually deleting files in /system with root access instead of disabling or renaming them? You know JB and KK have a way to disable apps built in, and there are apps that can disable services safely, they're is no need to do it manually.

Anyway, little late for that know, if you don't know what you did to start it, probably best to reflash the stock firmware with one of the return to stock threads instructions.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Kaniyur Manikandan

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Thank you very much for the info.. I will try to go to those forums and check them out... However if i remember rightly, most of them wanted access to USB Debugging (Under Settings) and I was in a catch 22 in not able to go there as settings was constantly crashing.

Let m me go tho those forums and check it out.

Thanks again for your suggestion

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE