Notification LED keeps turning itself back on

tahoekid

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
I dislike the notification LED, so I turned it off, but it resets itself back on every day. Not sure what is doing this, but it's annoying. Android software was updated yesterday on this new phone.

tahoekid

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Did it twice today. It was on when I turned the phone on in the morning, but it also reset itself back to on later in the day, phone on the whole time. LED setting decides to go back on on its own....

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Did it twice today. It was on when I turned the phone on in the morning, but it also reset itself back to on later in the day, phone on the whole time. LED setting decides to go back on on its own....

It's supposed to notify you when an email or text msg comes onto your phone. That's it's job. As far as coming on when the phone is opened, it only blinks once, that's all. What's the big deal?:confused:

Just_Some_Nobody

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Try unchecked everything as well as turning it off. At least then when it turns back on you won't get notification flashes.

Posted via Android Central App using an LG G2.

tahoekid

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
I found that this occurs when it is 'away' from my home network, and as soon as I return and it finds emails, it flips itself back on. If the phone is turned on, boots up and finds the network, reads emails, no problem. But when it leaves then returns to the local wireless network, it decides to turn on. Sounds like a bug.

tahoekid

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
The reason I don't want it on, is because it is always on. I have multiple email accounts, and my inbox is hit every minute since I am in some community groups, etc. There is no value added for having the light blink if it is constantly on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes