G3 ROM ported to G2

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I flashed this last night. Haven't had any issues and it's really nice

Hey rong, you're one step ahead of me again. Haha. Let's see if i'm going to do this right. Get the files from xda, and put them on the sd card at the root. Open AutoRec, and go to Recovery Mode. Tap on Install and tap on new rom zip. after installed, reboot and done. How do i put my S2 apps on to the S3, without adding other b.s? What about Gapps? If you've got an easier way, please help me out. Thanks.:)

Last edited:

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey rong, you're one step ahead of me again. Haha. Let's see if i'm going to do this right. Get the files from xda, and put them on the sd card at the root. Open AutoRec, and go to Recovery Mode. Tap on Install and tap on new rom zip. after installed, reboot and done. How do i put my S2 apps on to the S3, without adding other b.s? What about Gapps? If you've got an easier way, please help me out. Thanks.:)

I downloaded the rom to my phones download folder, backed up messages and phone log, rebooted into recovery, created a nandroid, factory reset, wiped dalvik and cache, install rom.

No GAPPS required, it's like one of those all in one stock roms the S3 had. Just make sure to select the att variant. I also installed xposed and gravity box

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded the rom to my phones download folder, backed up messages and phone log, rebooted into recovery, created a nandroid, factory reset, wiped dalvik and cache, install rom.

No GAPPS required, it's like one of those all in one stock roms the S3 had. Just make sure to select the att variant. I also installed xposed and gravity box

Running real sweet. Some nice improvements over the G2. My favorite is QuickBoot. I wonder if we still need AutoRec? :p

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I deleted autorec off of my phone 2 days ago. I haven't needed it since I installed TWRP.

I like this ROM!

Space on the internal sd is 17.50gbs., as opposed to 18.50 when phone is just rooted and running stock. This is with the addition of some apps that i needed. Battery life is still fantastic!! You're right, why trade up to the G3 when i'm running it right now. Only thing i can't find is the "circle" weather & battery app for the lockscreen.:p

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Space on the internal sd is 17.50gbs., as opposed to 18.50 when phone is just rooted and running stock. This is with the addition of some apps that i needed. Battery life is still fantastic!! You're right, why trade up to the G3 when i'm running it right now. Only thing i can't find is the "circle" weather & battery app for the lockscreen.:p

Didn't look at the space but love this ROM better than stock. I'll keep it awhile. I like the look of of the G3 OS better than the G2 and the stock messaging as well. Can't see me flashing any AOSP or AOKP Rom. They always have some type of glitch plus not really a huge fan of them after trying so many with the S3

Battery life is as good as I had with stock.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Didn't look at the space but love this ROM better than stock. I'll keep it awhile. I like the look of of the G3 OS better than the G2 and the stock messaging as well. Can't see me flashing any AOSP or AOKP Rom. They always have some type of glitch plus not really a huge fan of them after trying so many with the S3

Battery life is as good as I had with stock.

Check this out. When i'm replying to a text msg., and a new one comes in, the back camera flash goes off. Weird, but cool.:p

tjefferson3

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I have the cloudy G3 Rom installed on my Verizon LG G2 ...I agree with one other poster why upgrade to the G3, I'm loving this GUI on my G2...I'm having one problem...I can receive MMS but I can't send MMS through the messages app, however if I change to the Verizon Messages I can send MMS...any suggestions on what to do to fix this?

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have this on the Verizon version? I want to say I read something about having to flash a different radio in conjunction with flashing the ROM.

deku13

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have this on the Verizon version? I want to say I read something about having to flash a different radio in conjunction with flashing the ROM.

I have it. It works fine from the start. Only issue so far is you can only send MMS with hangouts app.

Posted via Android Central App

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I have it. It works fine from the start. Only issue so far is you can only send MMS with hangouts app.

I did flash it and that's not a big deal to me since I have hangouts as my default messaging app anyway.

The only thing I'm not liking is a very tiny delay between pressing the home button and going to the home screen!

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I have the cloudy G3 Rom installed on my Verizon LG G2 ...I agree with one other poster why upgrade to the G3, I'm loving this GUI on my G2...I'm having one problem...I can receive MMS but I can't send MMS through the messages app, however if I change to the Verizon Messages I can send MMS...any suggestions on what to do to fix this?

I've been noticing some problems with the G3 rom from Cloudyfa. I'm using the Optimus rom, and it's all good. I have the 1.0, but just downloaded the 1.1. I'll install it tomorrow.:p

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Just switched to Cloudy a few hours ago. Man the g3 Rom seems to sip less battery than the Mahdi 4.4.4 nexus like Rom...

uploadfromtaptalk1405024519649.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1405024534299.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1405024534299.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 57

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I've got the new Optimus G3 V1.1 up and running, and so far there's no problems. It's amazing to me how these roms just sip battery juice. How's that cloudyfa rom working? Still reading about some problems, in the xda forums.:p

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I've got the new Optimus G3 V1.1 up and running, and so far there's no problems. It's amazing to me how these roms just sip battery juice. How's that cloudyfa rom working? Still reading about some problems, in the xda forums.:p

I'm not really noticing anything really. Knock code works with the screen off and is really awesome. Was getting a days roaming thing but switched my mobile mode to CDMA/LTE and haven't seen it since. Works great to me

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood