Does google now works in all screen G2

jeno27

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Google now updated to latest version, google play settings Too updated in my G2..but there is no option for google now (ok google)to work in all screen. ..when I checked the google help search it said device unsupported.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
As far as I've seen, the update Google app that allows use from any screen is still rolling out. I'm on Verizon and have not gotten the update!

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
You could always download gapps and pull the APK from the zip and install it. I haven't been on stock KK since it came out so not sure when the current version will hit stock ROM phones.
I'm not real pressed to have it but I'd previously tried an apk that was supposed to be the update to no avail

Last edited:

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Well if you do want it, here's a link to the most current version that I pulled from PA gapps.

https://app.box.com/s/i4a3azle37d00b21coko
Not sure what the deal is but j still don't have an option to have the voice detection be from any screen

e3agyty7.jpg

simon_lefisch

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Using Nova

Not sure if you need Nova prime, but go to nova settings and see if you have an option for OK Google. If so, go in and check that its activated.

If you don't have the OK Google option then you may not have the same version of nova as I do. I subscribed to Nova Launcher on G+ so I could get the beta versions.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if you need Nova prime, but go to nova settings and see if you have an option for OK Google. If so, go in and check that its activated.

If you don't have the OK Google option then you may not have the same version of nova as I do. I subscribed to Nova Launcher on G+ so I could get the beta versions.
I've got nova prime and can use OK Google just not from any screen

simon_lefisch

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
The latter

Gotcha. Thought you meant from the home screen. My bad. Yea I'm trying to figure out why it won't let me do it either. I get to the screen that shows the selection, however its all grayed out

y2apebuq.jpg

It says I need to login with my account but when I do the options aren't there anymore. Weird. I'm gonna mess around with it and let you know if I come up with anything.