Apps/Data not Syncing on Wi-fi?

dcont78

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I posted a thread the other day about "data not syncing in background". Here's the post just for convenience...

Just noticed this a few days ago... Both when plugged in (screen on) and on battery (screen off), nothing is syncing. No Gmail notifications of new messages... No Ebay, Facebook, or Google Voice notifications... I've checked the obvious settings - - background data sync is enabled ; and each account has sync enabled. Wifi is set to stay on while asleep. So basically, I don't get any notifications till I pick up the phone and start using it. Then all the notifications pop up all at once. Anyone have any tips, or experienced this phenomenon?

Since then I've figured out that this is happening ONLY on Wi-fi. If I leave wi-fi off all the time, data syncs normally. I'm pretty sure it's not the router b/c my partner's Android phone has no issues in this regard. Anyway, I went to the Wi-Fi advanced settings and unchecked "disconnect wi-fi automatically when the internet is not available" and "disconnect wi-fi automatically when signal is weak". I have always had wi-fi set to stay on during sleep. Yet the issue persists. Any suggestions? I did a search for wi-fi issues and nothing similar popped up.

dcont78

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, should have included that I did reboot the router. Several times. Checked settings, updated firmware, etc.

dcont78

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Here are my advanced wi-fi settings... None of the battery saving type settings are selected... But I've tried it both with those checked and not checked... I'm just trying to see if this is a known issue before contacting VZW.2014-07-22 06.16.10.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC