OK google command

bigbri1975

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
So for some reason all of a sudden I can't get the "OK google" voice command to work. I'm running stock KitKat and I've tried it in both the LG ui and Nova Launcher. Has anyone else had this trouble? Any ideas on how to fix would be great, thanks in advance.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! A couple of basic questions--are you sure you have Ok Google detection turned on? Go to Google Settings>Search & Now>Voice>"Ok Google" Detection. Are any of the checkboxes checked?

Second, if only the "From Google Search app" checkbox is checked, are you saying, "Ok Google" from the Google Now page, rather than any other homescreen?

bigbri1975

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
I checked the settings and checked the box to enable using the command from any homescreen. When it asks for me to say the command 3 times to learn my way of speech, it doesn't respond so I can't complete the setup. I tried the same thing on an S4 that I have and it worked flawlessly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

bunjiweb

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Did you ever manage to get to the bottom of this? Having the same trouble with my HTC One after doing a factory reset. Worked fine before, now won't recognise the 'OK Google' command, though does recognise my commands if I manually press the microphone icon.

I've checked all the settings are correct, tried changing languages, uninstalled and resinstalled Google Search app updates.

I'm flummoxed.

Ben

ol chap

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, got root? There's a xposed framework module that adds "ok Google" to any app it's called "ok Google for 3rd party"

Posted via Android Central App