root>unroot>reroot=fail

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Long story short...purchased a supposedly new phone 6 weeks ago and it came rooted. I wasn't too worried because it functioned great otherwise. 2 weeks later a friend was messing around with it and "unrooted" it with SuperUser(accidentally, he said.) Now I am really comfortable with the phone and wanted to reroot it. I tried by using IORoot and during the procees got a message saying "abd cannot run as root in production builds...error: device not found". kept going anyway and got another fail message. When i first connected the phone to the usb and started the program it found my d802. Does this mean the firmware on my phone will not work with ioroot? Any other way to root this device? Advice please? Thanks! screenshot...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-17-21-36-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-08-17-21-36-51.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 23
  • CAM00048.jpg
    CAM00048.jpg
    811.4 KB · Views: 22
  • CAM00043.jpg
    CAM00043.jpg
    768 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Towelroot?

Sent from my Nexus 4 powered by Beanstalk ROM and Hellscore kernel

I was going to try that next. When I followed a link to download the file it took me to a place that wouldn't let me go any further unless I clicked "donate'. Was that the right place? It made me a bit uncomfortable.

Posted via Android Central App

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Just towelroot.com and click the red upside down y symbol... You will need to have Unknown Sources enabled... Then install and run, and cluck Make it Ra1n

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Wow...Towelroot took about 10seconds. Root Checker says i'm rooted. SuperSU installed. From what I've read i now need a recovery. Not sure where to go from here. xda? Thanks again for the assist.
Towelroot?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
This will sound stupid but...where do I get AutoRec? Also,from what I've read, that is for kitkat devices and my g2 is on 4.2.2(doesn't find any ota updates).Thanks for your patience.

You really should upgrade to KitKat using the TOT or KDZ method, most ROMs require the KitKat radios anyway.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2432476

Otherwise use something like Flashify to install TWRP on your existing installation, but since your phone has been modified previously, it would be a good idea to get back to pure stock.

ACME Guy

May 21, 2013
Visit site
You might want to go back to unrooted, stock I had just stock, rooted and wanted the latest OTA but it wouldn't take. I used the above instructions and it flashed stock kitkat, unrooted. I then took the OTA (knock code), and then rooted again with ioroot. I have the AT&T D800 and found the info on XDA. Since you have the D802 it would be different, but probably on XDA as well.

Last edited:

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
One last question. Off work tomorrow and going to get back to stock. followed your link to xda, read and reread everything and i'm comfortable with the mechanics of doing it. My(hopefully)last question is how do I know which firmware file to download? There is a long list of different countries when I click to download. The box says d802 RUS. There is an LG Assistant app on phone in Russian and a My Wind app that appears to be in Italian. You can see above what the firmware is currently. Don't know if any of that info makes a difference. Thanks!
You really should upgrade to KitKat using the TOT or KDZ method, most ROMs require the KitKat radios anyway.

LG G2 Stock Firmware (Go Back to Stock) | LG G2 | XDA Forum

Otherwise use something like Flashify to install TWRP on your existing installation, but since your phone has been modified previously, it would be a good idea to get back to pure stock.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
One last question. Off work tomorrow and going to get back to stock. followed your link to xda, read and reread everything and i'm comfortable with the mechanics of doing it. My(hopefully)last question is how do I know which firmware file to download? There is a long list of different countries when I click to download. The box says d802 RUS. There is an LG Assistant app on phone in Russian and a My Wind app that appears to be in Italian. You can see above what the firmware is currently. Don't know if any of that info makes a difference. Thanks!
Sorry, on this question I'm not sure... I have the VS980 (Verizon variant) so I not familiar with d802 specifics.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, on this question I'm not sure... I have the VS980 (Verizon variant) so I not familiar with d802 specifics.

Thanks for all the other info, though. I might post in the general "ask a question" area. Wasn't expecting a whole list of different countries to choose from for the firmware files.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC