What are you gana upgrade to

Lambertoid

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
So after seeing all the blogs I am not to sure what direction I am going I had the moto x on sprint and loved it but when I went to t-mobile I got the z1s hated things about it and got the g2 on sale so now the new x didn't show me much good not bad but not outta this world so I have to ask what are you guys with the g2 looking at or are you sticking with the g2?

Posted via the Android Central App

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
What's "gana"??

I'll stick with my G2 for a good long while. It's still plenty powerful enough. Has all the features I need on a day to day basis and the battery life far exceeds that of many other phones. I've pretty much gotten away from the "MUST HAVE NEW PHONE NOW!!" mentality some time ago.

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus 6, just as soon as i can.:p

Laughing here. When I soft bricked my phone on Saturday I was certain it was toast so I went and bought a G3. Someone came through and I fixed my G2 so now I have both. Couldn't bring myself to take the G3 back, I like it better than the G2.

So now I will return the G2 to stock and sell it. I'm with the G3 for a while

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Laughing here. When I soft bricked my phone on Saturday I was certain it was toast so I went and bought a G3. Someone came through and I fixed my G2 so now I have both. Couldn't bring myself to take the G3 back, I like it better than the G2.

So now I will return the G2 to stock and sell it. I'm with the G3 for a while

I played around with the G3 in the AT&T store, and found it too big. Good luck with it.:)

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, if the latest rumors of a new Nexus 5 (2014) model with Android 5.0 Lion are correct, with a 5.2" QHD display, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor at 2.7 Ghz are correct. That's what I am going for, although it will be replacing my Nexus 4, not my G2.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Well, if the latest rumors of a new Nexus 5 (2014) model with Android 5.0 Lion are correct, with a 5.2" QHD display, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor at 2.7 Ghz are correct. That's what I am going for, although it will be replacing my Nexus 4, not my G2.

That's what i'm hearing. I don't know what it will eventually be called, and i don't really care. If it's got a 5.2" display, or less, i'm down for it.:D

ilhe1s

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I won't be upgrading until I can get a LG with a 64-bit Snapdragon and hopefully it's not a behemoth. Here's hoping for the G4 to have those specs!

scottcraft

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking hard at the Windows Phone version of the M8. I used Windows phone for a long time before I got the G2 and the M8 with windows phone 8.1 fixed a lot of the issues I had with the operating system. I'm also interested in the new iPhone, but I don't know that I'll go that route.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm stuck between the G3 vs Moto X or possibly the note 4
My main issue with the Moto X 2014 is battery life, every review of the device I've seen so far gives it horrible battery life compared to either of the other models you mentioned or the previous Moto X model. I am waiting to see if this is a bug that's software update will improve, and to see what the new Nexus 5 has in store.

eddie33081

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
My main issue with the Moto X 2014 is battery life, every review of the device I've seen so far gives it horrible battery life compared to either of the other models you mentioned or the previous Moto X model. I am waiting to see if this is a bug that's software update will improve, and to see what the new Nexus 5 has in store.

Coming from the G2 I am so used to long battery life which makes it hard to go to even the g3 but I like the clean interface and looks of the moto x. Maybe of the note 4 can be unlocked on Verizon and they can tame touch Wiz it would be an option.

scottcraft

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I ended up going with an M8, android version. I was going to get the Windows Phone version but best buy doesn't carry it and they offer me a great deal on the M8.

Lambertoid

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I had the original moto x on sprint and loved it but the new one doesn't seen like my cup of tea. The z3 still looks nice but the flaps over the ports I hate them the m8 was my top pick but I like taking pictures and the camera is the killer for me. I'm praying the nexus 6 is gana be awesome.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I had the original moto x on sprint and loved it but the new one doesn't seen like my cup of tea. The z3 still looks nice but the flaps over the ports I hate them the m8 was my top pick but I like taking pictures and the camera is the killer for me. I'm praying the nexus 6 is gana be awesome.

What does "gana" mean??

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Talked to someone who said that the next Nexus will be made by HTC. I don't care if it's made by Apple(HaHa). Root a Nexus and screw it up, and Google will still take it back and fix it, with no penalty. Nexus Rootkit can be used on PC or Mac. My mind(what little i have left) is made up. Hopefully, the Nexus will be out by Nov.:p

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I ended up going with an M8, android version. I was going to get the Windows Phone version but best buy doesn't carry it and they offer me a great deal on the M8.
Oh man I played with the WP version of the m8 at a Microsoft store the other day. Wow that phone was impressive. Super smooth and just felt so nice. That phone (probably the WP version) would be my choice if it weren't for the camera.

My g2 performs well but man I hate the Verizon and lg logos on the front. They ruin the aesthetics of the phone completely. I will keep the phone for another year most likely. I love it for its battery and camera. Once I'm out of school next year and making some money I may upgrade. Hopefully HTC builds another nice phone with a killer camera next time around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy