VZW G2 with AT&T SIM: How do I get rid of the white SIM icon with question mark that is on top of the status bar?

rob367

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
VZW G2 with AT&T SIM: white SIM icon with question mark?

I have an unlocked lg g2 with an att SIM in it. How do you get rid of the white SIM with a question mark off the top Of the status bar? Thanks..

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
re:

Are you able to make and receive calls, or access your mobile data without any problem? That icon usually means there's a problem with the SIM, which means you shouldn't be getting any reception.

rob367

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
re:

Thanks for the reply...everything works like it should..calls, texts, mobile data. Went to an ATT store and they set up the right apn so I don't have a problem with any of things. That symbol is really aggravating. Could it be that my Sims not any good? I've had it for a long time..

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
re:

Thanks for the reply...everything works like it should..calls, texts, mobile data. Went to an ATT store and they set up the right apn so I don't have a problem with any of things. That symbol is really aggravating. Could it be that my Sims not any good? I've had it for a long time..

Are you using an AT&T specific variant of the LG G2, or one specifically for another carrier?

rob367

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
re:

Sorry I should have put in the first post that it's a Verizon lg g2 with an ATT SIM. The phone has been unlocked for other carriers.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
re:

Sorry I should have put in the first post that it's a Verizon lg g2 with an ATT SIM. The phone has been unlocked for other carriers.

I kind of thought so by your description of the issue... It will always have that on the stock ROM, there might be an Xposed mod that will hide it, but the only way to truly get rid of it is flash a custom ROM. It is only an annoyance, it is not service effecting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781