Yet another question about changing messaging/app notifications...

GoElliott19

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone!

I've had my LG G2 since February, switching from an iPhone 4S to the G2 and LOVE IT! Did you know there were words on that screen??? And they're a size that I can read!!! Amazing! :)

There's only one thing that bothers me about it compared to my iPhone...notifications. Before you start throwing eggs and rotting vegetables, I know how to change the notification tones and the corresponding light. My thing is I miss that with my iPhone, if I received a text message or an app notification when in locked screen mode, the screen would light up for about 10-15 secs. to display the notification on the screen, if so chosen. Someone told me there's a way to do this, but they had a Galaxy 5, so they weren't sure how to do it with the G2 or if it could be done with the G2. Also wondering if there's any other way to show notifications other than in the little notification bar at the top of the screen? Is there a way to do this with the G2, as eyesight has become increasingly worse over the years with having to read the tiny type on an iPhone. :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Or just a different messaging app... Textra, Handcent, Chomp, and most third party messaging apps can do this as well.

Several aftermarket ROMs have this built in as well, if that's your thing...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37