I have a LG G2 D800 (AT& T) of which I replaced the screen. Since then, I have a couple of issues that might be related.
    First is an intermittent problem of waking up the phone. The double tap does not wake it, but still puts to sleep. There are periods when I touch the button to wake, it stays lighted for only two or three seconds and goes black. I have tried touching the screen to start the unlock, but nothing works. The only ways I have found to wake it is restarting which sometimes leaves it working for some time, but other times the next time the screen is woken, the same problem. The other thing that I have found that works is if I can get it to light while the options are there for turning off or restarting, if I touch the screen, it will stay.
    Second, when I call or receive a call, the screen goes black like as the proximity sensor, but there is no way to wake it. So there is no way to hang up, and until the system senses a cut in the call, the screen is not accessible. But if I have the bluetooth connected or connect it, the screen is available.
    I have checked out several of the things suggested in similar posts. The proximity sensor does not register anything.
    I have recalibrated the motion sensor as well.
    10-18-2014 10:19 PM
    It sounds like either the proximity sensor may not be properly aligned after the screen replacement, or there's something blocking the sensor (such as a screen protector). If you haven't tried already, go into your dialer and dial 3845#*800, then select "HW Device Test" then "ALC Proximity Test" From there, see if you get any information from the Proximity & Light sensor.

Given that it's actually turning off when you don't want it to, it would make sense for the Proximity reading to indicate "NEAR" fairly often, as opposed to "No Data." (If it were saying "No Data" then it would make more sense for the screen to stay on even if the sensor was covered.
    10-19-2014 05:46 AM
    [It sounds like either the proximity sensor may not be properly aligned after the screen replacement, or there's something blocking the sensor (such as a screen protector). If you haven't tried already, go into your dialer and dial 3845#*800, then select "HW Device Test" then "ALC Proximity Test" From there, see if you get any information from the Proximity & Light sensor. }

On my phone the dialer method does not work. The phone dials the number before the #. I used the Sensor Kinetics. It does not indicate any reading.
    I checked the screen access. Not dirty or covered by anything. Seems to be properly aligned.
    10-19-2014 09:41 PM