I was unsure if I should post this in the relevant software/hardware board, chose this as it may be handset specific. Obviously feel free to move if I've got it wrong. =]

Yesterday I installed a suggested upgrade (minor, believe I was already running 4.4.2) which caused problems opening the menu ("Unfortunately Home has quit unexpectedly", the usual drama). Did a little research and found that it seemed common in LG handsets, and that the easiest thing to do was a factory reset.
    Spent time today backing up and resetting, and while I've got pretty much everything how it was before, I seem to have lost a spot on the shortcut bar on my homescreen. Where before I had 5 icons and a folder (for 6 slots total, plus the app drawer), I now only have a maximum of 5 usable slots. Is this to do with the upgrade, or have I missed something in the settings somewhere? I can provide before/after screenshots as proof, if necessary.

edit; example here: (can't yet post links, so the i.imgur link is 20CNT1Y.png)
    This was before the update. 6 icons in the bar, as you can see.
    After the update the app drawer stopped working (error mentioned above), but the 6 icons were still there.
    After factory reset/installing updates I can only fit five of the icons in. They're more spaced out, but no bigger, and won't allow the 6th on the bar again.

Only a minor complaint I know, but I'd rather like to be able to get my old set up back, being as the problem wasn't exactly my fault. >_>
    10-21-2014 02:51 PM
    Maybe an obvious question, but it didn't overwrite a custom launcher you were using, did it?

Posted via Android Central App
    10-24-2014 04:53 PM
    Should have mentioned that in the first post I suppose. The only non-standard app I use is GOSMS, everything else is completely default.
    10-26-2014 11:21 PM
    I noticed this too. I have the D802 EU version of the G2 and received a notification telling me that there was a firmware update. The only thing listed under the 'What's new' heading (or whatever it said) was 'Apps'. I updated and found that I could only fit 6 icons (including the app drawer) on the dock, whereas before I could have 7. My OCD kicked in when I realised that I could have the maximum number of icons and keep the app drawer icon in the middle, so I resorted to binning one and running only 5. This made it worse as the icon labels came back. I tried Nova Launcher but couldn't use Knock On, so I got round it by installing the G3 launcher. That gave me the option to have 7 icons on the dock again.
    11-07-2014 02:57 PM