Iv had my LG G2 for about a year now. Its been the most amazing phone Iv ever owned but it has many things that bug me. Reception sucks on it. I live in a weak signal area and iPhones seem to get better reception and seem to get reception a lot faster. I have to go in and set the phone to airplane mode then turn it off typically in order for it to pick up any signal normally. Even my friends LG G3 seems to get signal faster then my G2. I was thinking about getting a iPhone 5S or even maybe a 5C is prices were cheap enough. I have friends with iPhone and they just seem to function a lot better. I also have a Macbook air and was looking for something more compatible with it too. Anyhow, does anyone have any suggestions on how I might be able to fix my G2 or should I just trade it off?
    10-28-2014 04:15 PM
    I had same problem with nexus 5 phone went back after second day. My girlfriend uses iPhone 5s and works good I went with Samsung s4 and in comparison I would say s4 better with signal than 5s and we are with same provider. Also if u are going to go to iPhone after a g2 its gone feel like u went backwards lol I say go up to iPhone 6 ...I like my s4 and would not go back to iPhone even tho they are OK and simple to use .
    I say try a new Sim card first and a reset from provider before u spend $ also try ur Sim in ur friends phone etc.

sent from my S4 on Mars
    10-28-2014 05:18 PM
    I might try that. I can set my G2 next to a G3 and the G3 load youtube videos with very little buffering and my G2 has to pause every few seconds. If I go to somewhere where service is good the phone works fine. (Sometimes I have to toggle the air plane mode once I get to a place with full service though for it to register.) Its not a consist problem so I don't know if its the actual phone or if its just faulty design.
    10-28-2014 06:57 PM
    I might try that. I can set my G2 next to a G3 and the G3 load youtube videos with very little buffering and my G2 has to pause every few seconds. If I go to somewhere where service is good the phone works fine. (Sometimes I have to toggle the air plane mode once I get to a place with full service though for it to register.) Its not a consist problem so I don't know if its the actual phone or if its just faulty design.
    I would definitely try reset and or new Sim also I find the provider can reset ur network too it helps if all that fails than maybe it is the phone ..clear Cache too ,also maybe its an app u download that could be a problem etc.

sent from my S4 on Mars
    10-28-2014 07:23 PM
    Are you stock or rooted and are you running the 26A bootstack?
    10-31-2014 11:17 AM
    Just go back to stock.i have similar problem and flash back to stock and you enjoy to g2
    12-01-2014 03:20 PM