do yellow spots on LGg2 screen a screen only problem or is it something with other components

Asaf Gertler

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
i have an LGg2 device with latest software updates. after several months of usage, yellow spots strated to appear on the screen. they became darker and darker as i used my phone. after a while i broke my screen and replaced it to a new one in a private repair lab. on the same day of replacemnet i have notuced that the new screen also has yellow spots. i asked the technition to replace the screen to a new one without spots but he said that the problem is in my device and not in the screen itself. now im trying to find an answer for this. is it a problem in my device or is it a problem in the screen unit only?

thank you

asaf

chris377

May 7, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem, its a device problem, screen looks burnt, I dont mind though because otherwise its a great device

Posted via Android Central App

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I read it's the glue between the glass and the screen coming undone which is why heat makes the spots darker. I have one spot on the top right that does that.

Asaf Gertler

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
guys thanks for the answers but the question still remains. is it a screnn only problem? i mean will any screen that ill replace will have this problem? or eventually ill find a good screen that dosent have these burns?

Last edited:

OzRob

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
guys thanks for the answers but the question still remains. is it a screnn only problem? i mean will any screen that ill replace will have this problem? or eventually ill find a good screen that dosent have these burns?

It's hard to see how it could be an issue with any component other than the screen. As pointed out earlier, yellow spots are most often caused by an issue with the glue used to bind the screen to the glass. When you replace a screen you're replacing the whole screen/glass unit, so this should get rid of the yellow patches unless the new display has the same issue with the glue, in which case you may still see yellow spots but they'd probably be in different places. It sounds like you've been unlucky with a bad batch of screens. Keep insisting on a replacement until you get one which doesn't have the discolouration. It's a fault and should be repaired.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney