LG G2 - Best phone I've ever had?

3m1100

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys.
So ive had had this phone for about 1 year now. And usually this time around, phones tend to bore me, and i would be looking after a new one. But not with this LG!
I see no reason to buy a new phone whatsoever.
What are your experience with the G2?

Posted via Android Central App

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I had begun to get bored with mine and started thinking of other devices. Decided to go ahead and try a few custom roms out. Fell in love all over again.

Posted via the Android Central App

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Seriously? If this is the "best phone ever" you guys haven't had many high-end smartphones, or you are taking this question out of context... Don't get me wrong, the G2 is good, very good in fact, but by comparison my HTC Rezound was better (for it's time), so was the Nexus 4 and Moto X (2013), When they were new (at release time), true they don't compare as well today as to when they released but lets be honest, the G2 is hardly without flaws... the GPS sucks, the lack of custom ROM support (VZW specific issue), and other random issues keep it from being "the best"

To be honest, I own the G2, Moto G, Nexus 4, HTC One M7 and a handful of other devices... my G2 is my work phone, and my Nexus 4 is my personal DD, so it ranks up there but hardly at the top.

Not trying to start a fight or troll or anything, just my two cents worth, take it with a grain of salt.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Lack of rom support?
I have the VS980 and have run:
CM, Beanstalk, BlissStalk, SlimKat, DeviantXone, PA, Spirit, Mahdi, and currently, LiquidSmooth.
There's also two or three Lollipop roms for the G2 (with some bugs but they're there)

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Lack of rom support?
I have the VS980 and have run:
CM, Beanstalk, BlissStalk, SlimKat, DeviantXone, PA, Spirit, Mahdi, and currently, LiquidSmooth.
There's also two or three Lollipop roms for the G2 (with some bugs but they're there)

Tried them all, all non-stock based ones are based on the CM device tree which is flawed, and CM has stated more than once that they will drop the vs980... I am currently on Plain-Andy, which is the least buggy and the dev is a friend, but all have bugs, some are tolerable, fixable, or have work arounds, and others are too much for me or just too inconsistent. If you think the G2 is developer friendly, you have never had a Nexus device.

To be honest, when I selected a work phone last spring I really wish I had picked the One M8 or waited for something better, but then what I do with a cell phone is different than most people, I hack it, build ROMs from source, tweak it, etc... most people don't, or are happy just to root or through in a custom ROM and get by.

Again, don't get me wrong, the G2 isn't a bad phone, not at all, I love the battery life and screen, it blows every other phone I own away in those regards... If people can tolerate the stock LG interface I recommended it for a long time, but now the G3 or Droid Turbo would fill that role on Verizon much better. One of my son and his mother both have the G2, so do several of my colleges at work, at my recommendation and they are all happy with them.

My point was it is not the BEST phone, nor was it when it was new, that doesn't detract from it being good... not to mention the fact the "best" is subjective and a matter of opinion.

Last edited:

archangel849

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Got my G2 October 23rd '13. I'm happy with mine. Came from a Samsung. I've had one issue with the G2. Two days before my warranty ran out, I started having issues with the proximity sensor. When I would attempt to make a call as soon as I hit Call, the screen would go black. Had to power off the phone to hang up. Never could get the screen to stay on. I called Verizon and they shipped me another phone overnight. So far, haven't had any other issues. I guess as long s the phone works like it is supposed to, I'm happy. Then again, I'd prefer a regular HTML website over a flash site any day. Bells and whistles were good in my younger days. But, each to their own.

3m1100

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I see where your getting. And it depends on one needs. I had for instance nexus 5, which bored the life out of me. I think its so dull, that its beyond recognition. Tje only one i would consider instead of the LG would be the Htc one.

Posted via Android Central App

miguel200972

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
My wife and my sister bought this phone, the LG G2; they only lasted for about three months!! They really liked their phones, it is a nice phone, but the display started flickering a little bit in the beginning and it only got worse in time, they ended being useless in a few weeks after that!!

My sister`s phone only worked for about one or two months and my wife`s lasted a little bit longer. I think they have a hardware problem and if they heat up too much the display will fail.

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Seriously? If this is the "best phone ever" you guys haven't had many high-end smartphones, or you are taking this question out of context... Don't get me wrong, the G2 is good, very good in fact, but by comparison my HTC Rezound was better (for it's time), so was the Nexus 4 and Moto X (2013), When they were new (at release time), true they don't compare as well today as to when they released but lets be honest, the G2 is hardly without flaws... the GPS sucks, the lack of custom ROM support (VZW specific issue), and other random issues keep it from being "the best"

To be honest, I own the G2, Moto G, Nexus 4, HTC One M7 and a handful of other devices... my G2 is my work phone, and my Nexus 4 is my personal DD, so it ranks up there but hardly at the top.

Not trying to start a fight or troll or anything, just my two cents worth, take it with a grain of salt.

I dunno...in terms of being problem free, just the right size, not much wasted space, excellent screen, pretty good battery life, solid camera, doesn't get scuffed up from normal use...it's a pretty brilliant pocket computer. I really like it. When I look at the G3, I'm not sure it's better, except that the OS is more visually appealing - but it sounds as if that's coming to the G2.

refillable

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
My phone was bought new in April 2014 and I really like the phone. There are no reason to upgrade, probably not untill 2018. I haven't tried any other flagships but judging by how random people around me were amazed with this phone when I borrowed it to them, this phone should be very good. It doesn't come without problems though, like all other phones. My LG G2 sometimes doesn't gain any signal when it loses signal to zero and a soft reset is needed. But that seems to be the only major problem. It is surely a very good phone and I am very interested to see how LG will bring their new flagships. I hope it's going to relatively be better than this G2!

GeodudeFFP

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I got our two G2's in April 2014. Maybe the hardware bugs were worked out by then, because they've been flawless for us. I also have a One M7 and a Moto Maxx (now using that as my DD), but if I could have only one phone, I'd still choose the G2 at this point (with Themer or Nova launcher).

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I've had two G2s. They were great devices and I think I liked them better than the G3...something about them. Kinda still wish I still had a G2 in my arsenal.

♻from the n.4 Prime✒🍫

Relletti

Trusted Member
Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Still using my G2 and love it. Perfect screen size and the performance is great for me.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

KarlDag

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Still using the G2, great device. I've been wanting to change it for the sake of it (and fugly UI) for a while, but no other device could justify the price tag... Great screen, great performer, great battery life.

I'm going to change it soon. Was seriously considering the Z3 for front facing speakers, SD card, waterproofing and just as good battery life, but I think I'll go with the S6.
Finally an android camera with autofocus as fast as the iPhone's, great low light/indoor performance to take pics of my kids and wireless charging/super fast charge to cover for the more limited battery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar