Is my LG G2 Fake??

geojon

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
I bought a LG G2 off ebay. Over 1000 feedback, 100% rating, shipped from uk.

Now the box was sealed. But the charger is Huawei and the headphones aren't branded, does this mean something?

Software version is

D80220a-HKG-XX does this mean from hong kong?

The phone looks legit, brand new, and had screen protectors etc is branded right on the phone, and its hard to believe it is a fake but i'm concerned

If it is from hong kong? does this mean anything in terms of using it in the UK? does it make any difference?

I registered the product on LG website and it didn't flag anything, i find the website a bit confusing, it says warranty for labour and parts is 12 months but i don't know if it's specifically saying that's the warranty for my phone or if its general information

Any info appreciated

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1) The warranty would be in general terms.

2) A phone being made in Hong Kong (or Korea or Singapore) isn't unusual, even if the manufacturer is western. (Apple's phones are manufactured in China, I believe.)

3) About the only way to tell for sure is to contact LG, unless there an app similar to Genuine Samsung for LG phones. You could try https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=com.nthung.lgphoneinfo&token=kHD9hOIp

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781