What to do with rooted phone?

paker

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I bought a rooted phone (LG G2) from ebay - my first ever rooted phone by the way. I see "clockworkmod" directory, ".recovery_version" in it, and "SuperSU" app. I have a few questions.
1. Setting>About Phone>Software Update>Update Now. Message says "Your phone is not registered yet." Does this mean I cannot update my phone when Android 5 is released by LG? Does this have anything to do with rooting?
2. Setting>About Phone>Status. IMEI is 0. Not the long 12 or 13 digit number. What is going on? Does this have anything to do with rooting? The phone seems to work fine last 2 days in my possession. Thanks

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Being rooted will stop updates. The message you are seeing shouldn't have anything to do with rooting

The missing IMEI number is something that a rooted user can do, but not a direct result. Were you buying this phone as a daily driver?

From an AOSP M8

paker

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Being rooted will stop updates. The message you are seeing shouldn't have anything to do with rooting

The missing IMEI number is something that a rooted user can do, but not a direct result. Were you buying this phone as a daily driver?

From an AOSP M8
Am I in trouble? I am connected to the same network that the previous owner was (Cricket). If I switch carrier, will I be in trouble because of missing imei? Is there a way to restore it? By the way, the sticker on the battery cover is still intact with imei #. Can I somehow enter it somewhere?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678