I typically charge my phone over night. Last night i did the same and when i woke up in the morning it wouldn't turn on. It was incredibly hot, to the point we're it almost hurt to touch. Its gotten warm before but never anything like this, it was right in the top left corner of the phone. I've used the same charger the whole time I've had the phone. I've tried charging it from different sources like my PC and every time i plug it in it gets really hot again. Since then it still hasn't turned on. I've tried holding down the power button for 5 seconds with no luck. Nothing seems to be working. I'm willing to lose personal data, whatever it takes to get it back.

Could it be the battery cause i can get a new one? perhaps is the charging piece, i dunno. I've been researching this issue and i came across hardware failure. I think its a possibility. Is there anyway to fix it, specifically what is it, and how do i know if a have it.

Im obviously open to suggestions, if u have any questions just lemme know

Oh and i don't have any warranty on it

Thanks
    12-18-2014 12:07 PM
    Oh and i don't have any warranty on it
    Then it sounds like an expensive repair or a new phone. To find out what's causing the problem ("the upper left corner" isn't enough to diagnose it with any confidence) you'll have to bring it into a shop. Evidently something went bad overnight - how much it will cost to fix depends on what went bad.
    12-18-2014 12:11 PM
    Damn, well thanks though
    12-18-2014 12:24 PM
    Im in Canada, are there any well known places u know that i can take it to to get it checked out/fixed.
    12-18-2014 12:27 PM