Why is my email client suddenly throwing 'network temporarily unavailable' error?

gregp

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Email client suddenly throws 'network temporarily unavailable' error

Hi guys,

A couple of days ago my stock LG G2 suddenly started throwing an error in one of my Yahoo email accounts. I'd try to refresh the inbox and it would say "Network temporarily unavailable. Try again." See screenshot. I thought nothing of it but the problem's persisted for two days now across both WLAN and 4G connections, after restarting the phone and even deleting and recreating the email account. Yet I have another Yahoo account (both yahoo.com) on the same device which is working perfectly, and all settings appear to be identical (as they should as I've not changed anything).

What have I missed? Or, what else could I try?

Cheers,
Greg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-15-16-47-05.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-15-16-47-05.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 5

gregp

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: Email client suddenly throws 'network temporarily unavailable' error

Some additional details:
1) I'm using the stock LG email client, version 6.30.24.
2) I tried entering a different password and I got a different error message (standard authentication failed error), so it must be something beyond that.
3) I'm able to connect to this email account using the Gmail app which I can use in the meantime but I'd prefer to not use that.

elliot8814

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I am getting the same thing and have been for two days. I have also tried updating my phone, deleting and reinstalling the app, and nothing works. Any help out there is appreciated!

saigon_man

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I got the same problem with one of my yahoo accounts. The weird thing is if i add different yahoo account, I was able to see all emails for the account but not the other account. I had to download Yahoo email app from the App Store. That fixed my problem for now.

elliot8814

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I just noticed something very odd. I am still getting the same error in my Inbox. However, I have various folders set up with automatic sorting based on email address. If I go into one of those folders, I can see new emails without issue. If I go to my main inbox, however, same network error. I'm also able to send emails and can see my sent folder. Anyone else notice this?

flori72

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Yes, exactly the same. I have 2 other yahoo that works fine. And i tried CloudMagic and it is working fine too. Mystery. :) I am using a LG L90

Raymond Wilkins

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I am having this exact same problem and it started when the OP's did. There was an update that night and ever since it hasn't worked. It could be a coincidence but I kinda suspect not. Somebody please post a fix when you find one. Thanks.

flori72

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I opened a ticket with Yahoo, got some random answer and directed them to the forum. I don't know if it is linked to this or not but I have just received all my emails. Is that working for you too?

elliot8814

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Yes. My emails started coming in this morning. I didn't do anything in the interim since I couldn't find anything new to try to do to fix it. Hopefully, it's resolved for good and not a temporary fix.

flori72

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Yahoo CS told me that they did some maintenance on my account. Since it is also working for you, i believe they are hiding a server glitch :) but all is good fo now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781