Here's a run down:
    Bought phone in Canada on Telus network.
    Unlocked the phone.
    Dropped it and broke the screen.
    Screen replaced in Mexico City, since I am now living here and want to use the phone the repairman had to change something, I think it was in the antenna. Went on the TelCel network with sim card
    The new screen is super bright, I have it set at zero and can still see the display just fine. The lower left screen sometimes has sensitivity problems. The battery drain is super fast.
    Did a factory reset shortly after getting the new screen/touchsensor. No difference.
    Got new sim and changed over to Movistar network.
    For the last few weeks my phone has become unstable. It randomly shuts off, I can restart by plugging it in. Sometimes if the batter is low and I plug it in the battery stat immediately jumps to 100%. The other day the battery level indicated 3%, when I plugged it in there was no charge time and it jumped to 100% immediately. I cannot rely on the battery indicator so I always have my backup battery with me.
    I can make calls and use wifi no problem. But when I'm on a call the screen shuts off and I cannot get it to come on, they call remains active.
    So now I'm recalling that I did not have all of these problems when I was on TelCel, however on TelCel I did not have data services. I moved over to MoviStar to get data services and a good price.
    Is it possible that the MoviStar sim could be causing me problems? Its all such a coincidence now that I think about it.
    I have Battery doctor and Better battery stats. I eliminate background apps, the better battery app indicates that my phone using a lot of power during deep sleep.
    I'm backed up and ready for a factory reset if need be.
    02-06-2015 11:53 AM
    I doubt that this has more to do with the SIM than with the screen replacement. Something might have been loose when the repair was done or something didn't get installed properly.

If you want to compare the SIM cards, you could ask a friend to lend you their Telcel chip and try it on your phone and see if the same behavior occurs. Since most people in Mexico use Telcel, it shouldn't be hard to find someone with a Telcel SIM. Or if you don't mind spending some cash for the test, you can get an Amigo SIM card and get the cheapest card available (I think it's 25 pesos, but I can't remember...might be 50).
    02-06-2015 01:14 PM
    Well I took off my protective case only to discover that my screen is not completely sealed.

Thanks for your feedback. I'll take it to a repair shop.
    02-06-2015 07:10 PM