People I call can't hear me

shona6666

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I never had this issue with the LG G2 but then again I did not have OK Google turned on at all. I just used it within the app. I received my Verizon LG G3 20 days ago and all was fine until I set up OK Google last night to work from all screens. All calls made after this change were muffled for the person I was calling. I rebooted in frustration today and was able to make one call where the other party was able to clearly hear me. Then I saw this post and the light bulb went on. I did not have a single call quality issue until I changed this setting.

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Checking back in and agree with others. DId the lollypop update, haven't done a FDR, but the Google Now is running from all screens and a handful of calls later no issues...so far...feeling like I should default now and do the FDR that would be impending...

weekendpartier

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
ARGH: I HATE THIS PHONE - AND I LOVE IT! BIGGEST COMPLAINT: CHEAP AUDIO COMPONENTS = VOICE MIC BLOWS IN THIS - On my old Droid 2, which I love except it was slow, I could put it on the kitchen table and continue talking - this piece of crap LG G2 I HAVE to hold the damned thing next to my mouth or people can't hear me!!!!

mrmiking

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Any new fixes for this? I cant seem to figure out how to turn off Google Now "from any screen". Not an option in the google settings. I turned off 'OK Google' detection and that hasn't cured the problem.

Edwin Ramirez

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Big Thank you to everyone in this forum. Turning of "OK Google" detection from any screen has fixed my problem (exact same problem at the beginning of this thread, people couldn't hear me.)
Just went into Settings -> Google account -> Search -> "OK Google" detection -> From Any Screen (turn it off) - I left the voice command only on for google now app. All seems to be well, can now make calls and be heard.
Hope this works. I have a Nexus 5. Every once in a while people called me, or I called them, and couldn't hear me. Hang up, call again and the problem went away.
But lately it seems that 50% of my calls are having this bug. I have noticed that when this happens, as soon as I answer and put the phone to my ear, the caller app has been "minimized" and is running on the background.

dorj

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
If your OK google is not allowing "all screens" it's ok. Same happened with me but I turned it on, went throught the little learning session it does, then turned it back off and the problem was solved.
Hope it works for you.

JD

Raf Mal

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi Irene, was having this problem on my Samsung G4 for a couple of days. Found your post and disabled S Voice and Voice Control. Can't say if it was the uninstall updates or the disabled that made it work again (after reboot of course). I had tested my hardware by recording a voice memo - mic was fine. Thanks again!:)

Randy Orgeron

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
My phone updated this a.m. & I immediately began to have this problem: I would receive a call, and the person could not hear me, but I could hear them ... or I'd make a call, and the person could hear me, but I could not hear them. Oddly, sometimes, if I turned on the speaker, I could hear them, but they still could not hear me. Restarting the phone fixed it for only the 1st call, then the problem returned again.

Since I don't do voice search, I located "OK Google" & just turned it off all together. Voila! ... Issue Resolved! :)

FYI: "OK Google" from any screen was already turned off, so--in my case--I just turned off the entire process.

Majayel

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I found another possible source for the problem: headphones.
If my headphones are already plugged into the phone before I dial a number, the other side will not hear me. If I then unplug the earphones, and unmute the microphone (cause it automatically switches to mute when you unplug them for some reason), the other side can hear me, even if I re-connect the headphones.
Maybe it has to do with the fact that the phone expects the headphones to have a built-in microphone, so it switches off the on-board one.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you also have an LG G2 on Verizon, or something else? One of the first things to do would be to speak to your carrier about this.

diegocprates

May 4, 2017
Visit site
Adding up to the topic, I've just found that uninstalling the stock "Google Talkback" app may solve the issue.

Just uninstalled it and no more annoying voice loopbacks in my LG G4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781