People I call can't hear me

labowski986

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I love this phone and hope I can get this resolved. It started out that if I called someone they wouldn't be able to hear me. If they called me they could hear me. Then it was both ways. I restarted the phone and it worked for the next call but then quit working. Also, it isn't every call but I don't know why some calls work and some don't. I went to Verizon and got a new SIM card. It worked initially but now it is 50/50 if my calls work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I love this phone and hope I can get this resolved. It started out that if I called someone they wouldn't be able to hear me. If they called me they could hear me. Then it was both ways. I restarted the phone and it worked for the next call but then quit working. Also, it isn't every call but I don't know why some calls work and some don't. I went to Verizon and got a new SIM card. It worked initially but now it is 50/50 if my calls work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

is a case covering the mic? make some test calls naked without the case.

KellyOYeah

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm dealing with the same problem. VZW tech did a diagnostic on my phone and didn't any issues. Says possibly the number of apps loaded (75) but that doesn't make sence, they are not all running ever. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

GPilot750

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Same issue here. Its happened a dozen days over the last 6 months. Typically a reboot on my end worked, but in the last 3 days, it hasn't helped.

I went to VZ store today, and they are sending me a new (reman) phone.
I did not have insurance prior to today, but they added me to the 10$ per month deal, and are overnighting a new phone.

Got so tired of trying fix it.

KellyOYeah

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Tried to make multiple calls and all anyone heard was static, so another call out to VZW and they are sending me a refurbished phone as well...

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

kmd107

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Same issue with callers not hearing me and I cant hear some callers. Also 2 different G2's this is happening to in the last 2 days.

dookie.

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Ditto.

I got my G2 on the day it was released and it has been flawless through about a week or so ago. Now nearly every call is as described. I've rebooted, disabled the 'Advanced Calling' (HD) on both the phone and my Verizon account. Hmm...fishy that so many are suddenly affected?

Hondo17

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
My wife and I both have the G2 and BOTH started doing the same thing yesterday. I called, tech went through diagnostics already mentioned here and actually set up ticket with network engineers. For both our phones, a restart gets you one call then it is back to muffled voice - either on my end or the callers end. It varies. We thought it was local network/tower handoff, but my wife is travelling out of state and is having same issue today. We do NOT have Advanced calling enabled. I like the G2 - but this seems VERY odd all are having similar issue lately.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Two of our G2's on Verizon started doing this late Thursday night or Friday morning... a few calls would work, but most had the audio issue. My son factory defaulted his and it has been solid for almost 12 hours now, so we did the other phone. Time will tell if it clears it up on that one as well.

My G2 is running the Jellybean bootstack on BlissPop ROM, and it has not had this issue at all. But the two that did were completely stock and never modified in anyway.

Hondo17

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Well, an update to my issue on our two LG G2s. I read in another forum that OK Google from ANY screen option was causing the issue. I turned off the option from any screen in Google Now (I left the option ON from within Google Now only) and both our phones have been trouble free since. Now, we have lost the option for OK Google from any screen, but I will monitor and watch for updates to see if it gets resolved.

So, try turning off OK Google from the Google Now page and Voice Settings.

Irene E

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
I have been having the same problem for the last week or so - people cannot hear my voice when I call them or they call me, especially if I have 4G on simultaneously. Also, quite a few times, people on the other end will hear their own voice echoing. So, I adjusted the OK Google setting this morning to allow it only from the Google app and not "from any screen," and seems to have fixed the problem for now. Will need to see over the next few days if this fixed the microphone problem. Other than this issue, have had this phone for a little over a year and love it.

Skoops#AC

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Thank you so much Irene E! My wife an I were both having this issue on our VZ G2s (me occaisionally, and her with every outgoing call), and disabling the Google Voice detection seems to have fixed it. Thank you!!

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
My Verizon G2 has done this intermittently for the last year, network engineers were working the "ticket" since October. Last Thursday all of my calls were unintelligible. Verizon is sending a replacement unit, but I'll try the Google Voice option to off and report back... thank you for the heads up!

dstrombee

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Same issue here, just started yesterday. Strange, we have 2 LG G2s, 1 was replaced a couple of weeks ago for a fuzzy screen ($169 Verizon copay). The not "replaced one" is have the issue as described in this thread. Odd coincidence this problem is just now starting, maybe due to an update? Going to try the "OK Google" procedure to see if that works. Hope it does.

anon(17918)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
My G2 just started doing this yesterday. Oddly enough I had just turned OK Google from any screen on. Turning that off now along with Advanced HD calling and hoping it fixes the problem.

JBinMI

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Had the same issue started out of the blue last week. LG G2 on Verizon had no problems until 3/11. Verizon sent replacement, fired it up Monday night, worked fine all day 3/17, turned on set up OK Google to work from any screen last night, this morning the muffled issue returned. I have shut off all OK Google voice settings to see if that helps.

Slag_Hunter

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Same issue here. Its happened a dozen days over the last 6 months. Typically a reboot on my end worked, but in the last 3 days, it hasn't helped.

I went to VZ store today, and they are sending me a new (reman) phone.
I did not have insurance prior to today, but they added me to the 10$ per month deal, and are overnighting a new phone.

Got so tired of trying fix it.

I have gone through 4 warrenty phones with no fix for this problem.

I spent 2 hours in theVerizon store with a rep on the phone with Verizon and LG.

They wanted to send me a 5th phone but i refused it. Its been like this ever since the new update.

Hopefully they come out with an update soon.

They have already developed 2 updates ahead of the G2 for the G3.

Plan on paying for a phone that wont work and that Verizon will not help you with.

Im probably going to buy my contracts out because it would be cheaper than buying a phone equal to,or beyter than my current pos LG G2.

Bottom line they will not have a fix for you. They will just keep sending you a reconditioned phone with the same problems.

I know this doesnt help much and I feel all your frustrations but Verizon will be of no help! Atleast not as right now.

LG will want you to send your phone in and then send you one back so you would be without your phone for atleast a week.

Being they are garbage anyway I guess not having it would be the same as having it.

Verizon should see this as a faulty device and stand behind there word.

Unfortunately they havent yet.

R/
1 pissed paying customer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci