How can I get a LG G2 recovery of an important file to connect to my Macbook Pro?

A

AC Question

LG G2 recovery of important file!!! Won't connect to Macbook Pro :(

Hi boys!

I need help! I completed an interview with a well known rock musician. It was spur of the moment so had to quickly do it using Easy Voice Recorder App on my LG G2. I uploaded the completed wav to Google Drive. It worked. As the file was 35 mins long i then deleted the Easy Voice Recorder file to free up room on my LG G2.

Google Drive won't open it to my horror. Says 0 bytes. So i am trying to recover the file using file recovery and i'm lost all at sea :( :(

Whenever I try to connect my LG G2 to Mac nothing ever appears on the Mac, as if it's not even connected (which it is as the phone screen says 'tethering' etc. I've downloaded about 5 different android recovery software but each one only wants to scan the macbook files, presumably because it can't bloody pick up the LG G2 connection!

This is a big deal guys, PLEASE help and I will reward you all!!!

Thanks,

Sarah S.

Claude Speed

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: LG G2 recovery of important file!!! Won't connect to Macbook Pro :(

I think that file was "locally" uploaded!

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: LG G2 recovery of important file!!! Won't connect to Macbook Pro :(

It was sent to the Google Drive area of internal storage, but didn't have time to sync to Google's server before you deleted it.

Since recovering a deleted file can't be done on an unrooted phone, you'll have to root the phone. Then use an app like DiskDigger (it's not a picture file, so you'll need the paid version).

Rooting and installing an app may overwrite the deleted file, so there's no guarantee that you can recover the file. (Which is one of the many reasons I won't own a phone without an external SD card. If the file had been there, then deleted, recovering it would be trivial. If it had been recorded on internal storage, then copied to the card, you'd have 2 copies, and have deleted one, so who cares - you use the one you didn't delete.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol