update error

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a rooted g2 is there a way to unroot it for the update?
Just start SuperSU and go to settings and do a Full Unroot, but really as long as you have stock recovery (not TWRP/CWM) it should just work regardless of root... If you have custom recovery, your probably better off to TOT/KDZ

ErnestK73

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
I get error code err:0x1117008. The check root says I'm not rooted but in the status on the phone it says rooted. How do I fix this?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, probably the best thing is just image the phone, the KDZ file is available for the latest version, 39A. The option that works for some people getting that error is to factory default, but be aware the just the status of rooted, even if its not rooted anymore, can cause this error... The cleanest way to do this is like I said, flash the stock image back to pure stock.

ErnestK73

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
I can't flash nothing., I tried the tot flash but I get an error in lg flash tool. THis is rather annoying that I can't get the phone unrooted status.

djh2011

May 1, 2011
Visit site
What was your error message? I just did the .tot method last night. Once I got passed the lg driver issue I was having it went smoothly.

Posted via the Android Central App

ErnestK73

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
I get an failed error on the dll I used. I was able to go back to 4.2 but now I'm stuck on 4.2. This is driving me nuts. I just want ot go back to 4.4

djh2011

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I didn't have a unzip program on my computer so I used WinZip eval version to extract it. Is it that it won't extract or error when you try to.? You can just try 10b. It will just add an additional update to the mix

djh2011

May 1, 2011
Visit site
If you use the files on the link that was given to me, you should be ok. I was rooted and got the same error message on the beginning when I tried to OTA. I had to disconnect after clicking the yellow arrow. To do it, you need to hold power down first and wait for it to reboot to LG screen them unplug. Then power off and reconnect in download mode and the flash started automatically. Mine stopped at 88% but my phone had already rebooted to the setup language screen

ErnestK73

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
I use 7zip and i can't get 11a to unzip. I got 10 b to unzip but that takes me back to 4.2. I did that and did a factory restore thinking it would bring me back to 4.4, no it kept me at 4.2 and now I can't flash 10b or anything else

djh2011

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Try downloading WinZip from their page. Don't need to buy the program. And try to unzip using that. Just click evaluation version. Works the same. I'm not sure if you downloaded the file from the same spot as in the link I sent. But if not, try that too. Delete the other 11a.

Vlade Pejovic

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Im having problems with my g2 official update. When i updated it, a message com.android.phone started popping up constantly. When i removed my sim card, everything is ok. Now im using the phone without sim, its working perfectly. What to do, can anyone help me?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy