Home screen auto rotate after update won't work!

jcassell1

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Had anyone noticed the home screen will not auto rotate after the update. Mine will not and I can't seem to find any setting to make it. I do have auto rotate selected and it works for every other screen, just not the home screen. Help!

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Had anyone noticed the home screen will not auto rotate after the update. Mine will not and I can't seem to find any setting to make it. I do have auto rotate selected and it works for every other screen, just not the home screen. Help!

Did it rotate before? As far as I know you can make the home screen rotate on a phone unless you use a third party launcher. I could be wrong but non of the phones I have had did it.

jcassell1

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Just noticed on my wife's G2, there's an additional setting under home screen to lock or unlock portrait mode. Looks like they took that away with lollipop....

Vegmonroe

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
I think that's a major system flaw and they need to fix it. When I'm charging my phone, I always have it in a landscape position, so not allowing the home screen to go into landscape is ridiculous.

TonyDonuts

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
Noticed this about 30 seconds after the upgrade - was hoping someone had a magic answer. How in the world does something like this get missed in QA? Who tests this stuff? Hope we get a fix because it is very annoying when I put the phone in the car holder - luckily apps still rotate.

Francis Carrillo

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Same observation here. On my LG G2, I could rotate my home screen and use the in my car and desk (with my stand) 80 - 90% of the time. Really irritating that Lolipop upgrade does not allow me to do that. Need to get that fixed immediately. I liked the old home screen icon buttons also. Home button looked like home, now I have a circle - that's real intuitive! Please get these things fixed.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I had no idea that the G2's home screen rotates as the G3's home screen does not. I'm still on KK with the G3 and don't have an option to allow my home screen to rotate. In fact, tablets and Nexus devices are the only places that I personally have ever seen this happen.

I can see why you'd want it to rotate and believe me, I want mine to rotate. That's why I purchase Ultimate Rotation Control.

TonyDonuts

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
I had no idea that the G2's home screen rotates as the G3's home screen does not. I'm still on KK with the G3 and don't have an option to allow my home screen to rotate. In fact, tablets and Nexus devices are the only places that I personally have ever seen this happen.

I can see why you'd want it to rotate and believe me, I want mine to rotate. That's why I purchase Ultimate Rotation Control.

That's what makes it so frustrating - it was something that was there and now it is not. I's not he end of the world (maybe I'll take look at Ultimate Rotation Control), but it does make you wonder how on earth nobody noticed this no longer worked during QA.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
That's what makes it so frustrating - it was something that was there and now it is not. I's not he end of the world (maybe I'll take look at Ultimate Rotation Control), but it does make you wonder how on earth nobody noticed this no longer worked during QA.

I guess what I'm saying is, they did away with it completely since it's not on the G3. I don't know who made that command decision and why they didn't talk to the users, but it would appear that if you want it, you'll have to go the 3rd party way. Just an FYI, most cellphones don’t have rotation without 3rd party on the home screen. The fact that the G2 did comes as a surprise to me. I will look at wifey’s phone (she uses the G2) though just to make sure that it doesn’t. She upgraded without my consent this past weekend.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
#1 rule when updating or replacing software or hardware -- do not take the good stuff away. We should be moving forward, right?

Pradip Vajir

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Re: Home screen auto rotate after update don't work!