I just started to download the lollipop update and I lost connection to my wifi. It never gave me the option to continue/restart the download. I went into settings and every time i select system update, settings has 'stopped' and crashes. I restarted my phone several times and it still will now download. I also tried plugging the phone up to my computer and i cannot run the VZW assistant upgrade manager. Help please!
    04-01-2015 04:13 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try bringing the phone to a Verizon store and see if they can help there. If it were any other phone, I'd suggest wiping the system cache partition, but the G2 doesn't allow this.
    04-01-2015 05:06 PM
    Just seeing this post now and you've probably already figured it out, but I had the same problem.
    My solution was to open "settings" via Google Now voice command instead of through the regular menu. It won't crash that way and you can resume your upgrade.
    04-28-2015 02:24 PM
    If that doesn't work you may have to do a factory reset. I had lost connection mid download, and while I did get the option to resume download, it never would. After I did a factory reset it went smoothly.
    04-28-2015 08:39 PM
    Just seeing this post now and you've probably already figured it out, but I had the same problem.
    My solution was to open "settings" via Google Now voice command instead of through the regular menu. It won't crash that way and you can resume your upgrade.
    This worked fantastically to get me into system updates menu, which is an improvement since I couldn't a while ago, however the update for lollipop gets to roughly 51 percent and then freezes. My phone remains operational but the update won't continue past 51%. Anyone got an idea why that'll happen? I left my phone updating throughout the night and it didn't budge a single percent. Would rather not have to bring it into a store i never have time in a day to do so.
    05-07-2015 07:49 AM