Charger/cable recommendations

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Seems the LG G2 is pretty picky about the charger and cable combination in order to get it charging at a reasonable rate. For example the note 4 quick charger works great according to some charging apps that show the rate, but any charger with a monoprice usb cables don't charge above 300ma. This is new to me as every other phone I've owned charges great regardless of the charger or cable.

Since most of the crap on amazon are junk or knockoffs, anyone have any recommendations for a wall charger that charges at full speed?

crodon963

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I use the charger from a Casio Gz one and it works fine. The one that came with my G2 I had issues with the micro usb part of the cable. My wife's was the same way. Bought an oem charger from ebay and so far it's working.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I have found the G2 is one of the least picky devices out there as far as cables go, definitely less picky than my HTC, and for chargers they just like high current.

Like Clocks, I have several of BB Playbook chargers, they work on everything and have a nice, long cord... I usually order 3-4 at a time and have them scattered around the house, office, laptop bag, etc. And they charge every device I use as fast as the original charger. I highly recommend them, in fact, I literally just ordered 4 more from Amazon minutes ago. They are cheap enough I often just give them to my kids, friends, coworkers, etc. when they need to "borrow" a charger and don't worry about it. For accessing the device, I just keep a handful of quality or oem cables scattered around... At home, office, laptop bag, car... You can never have enough cables and chargers. :)

Last edited: