Lollipop update

CBMem

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Josh, is your LED still working? Mine isn't blinking at all when emails come in (made sure still turned on, and I'm using the stock email app), and only a quick flash every 12? seconds or so for texts (I'm using Google Messenger).

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have this problem? I was checking for the update last night and it was taking forever to connect, so I backed out of it. Now when I go to check, it says "Continue update". When I tap that it momentarily says "A new software versions is available. Check progress in notification panel." Problem is, nothing is happening. It's been like that for over 12 hours. I've tried restarting, I've cleared cache and force stopped the software update app. No change. Please help!

ddonahueiup

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
My mms is broken since the update. I have a at&t unlocked through straight talk. I tried hangouts too and that didn't work. Everything else is so much better, looks really good. Notification system is great.

Posted via the Android Central App

KirkRoy

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Try as I might I can't find the smart locks settings... I'm not seeing anything saying that encryption is required for smart locks. Anyone have smart locks working with this update?

Relletti

Trusted Member
Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I just received the update. I'm kinda nervous to update it though. How is the battery life on the new update?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I just received the update. I'm kinda nervous to update it though. How is the battery life on the new update?

Everyone will say that it's worse, because of course you're playing with it a bunch to check out the new features. We won't know for at least a week (back to normal use) if it's better or not. Considering what I've done to mine today, I don't think it's any worse.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have this problem? I was checking for the update last night and it was taking forever to connect, so I backed out of it. Now when I go to check, it says "Continue update". When I tap that it momentarily says "A new software versions is available. Check progress in notification panel." Problem is, nothing is happening. It's been like that for over 12 hours. I've tried restarting, I've cleared cache and force stopped the software update app. No change. Please help!

Ended up having to do a factory reset to get it to work. But the good news is that I'm starting with a clean slate, which you should do with any major update.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Everyone will say that it's worse, because of course you're playing with it a bunch to check out the new features. We won't know for at least a week (back to normal use) if it's better or not. Considering what I've done to mine today, I don't think it's any worse.

True. I went ahead and updated my phone. Loving it so far.

KirkRoy

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Try as I might I can't find the smart locks settings... I'm not seeing anything saying that encryption is required for smart locks. Anyone have smart locks working with this update?

Google Play Services didn't get updated initially. Once it finally did update (after a restart) I also needed to go back to security > trust agents and turn smart lock (google) on there.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Ugh.
Phone said I had the update. After like 2 hours the download was halfway done (400mb of the near 800mb) and as I went to check it, it said "Cannot Download".. WTF?? So I click on the notification download link and it basically disappeared and when I went back to check for the update, it said the ususal.."Your phone is up to date..check again in 22 hours"

UGH! Now I'm stuck waiting for it to pull in the update again.

carlson03

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Mine came up and said I am rooted and won't update...I am rooted, stock rom and recovery...do I have to reflash the stock ROM?

It says because I am rooted it doesn't allow it to update.

Last edited:

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Been playing around with the new set up and I must say it's quite a change overall, especially the look. When I get home I'll dig deeper to see what all is hiding in the new setup.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Loving the update so far. Wish the brightness slider was still available in the notification bar though

ddonahueiup

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
My mms is broken since the update. I have a at&t unlocked through straight talk. I tried hangouts too and that didn't work. Everything else is so much better, looks really good. Notification system is great.

I changed some settings under APN type and that seemed to work attached what I entered everything is the same from previous straight talk settings.

Attachments

• 5681.jpg
    5681.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 46

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois