I am buying an LG G2. What should I do first?

A

AC Question

buying a lg g2. what should i do first.

hi! I am a long time windows phone user and this is my first post on android central. I am buying an lg g2 (D800 AT&T unlocked). I currently own a moto g 1st generation and love it's ui. So anyone who own a lg g2 can you please help me with what i should do to use my phone to its full capabilities and to also get a simpler ui.
thanks in advance

ali235

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: buying a lg g2. what should i do first.

i heard that the ui of lg g2 is not that good and even camera app doesnt fully use the capibalities of the hardware

ali235

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site

any one else out there who have anything in mind please tell me.
by the way after spending hours on net i have come to the following conclusions:
buy screen guard and a cover
install a third party launcher and camera app
uninstall bloatware

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

Root, install Xposed and flash custom ROM w/ better UI (CM, Carbon, Vanir, etc).

Edit: if you root I'd also suggest Viper4Android (much improved music experience) and AdFree (no more annoying ads).

Sent from my LG G2 running CM 12

ali235

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site

I want a rom which is easier to use because i am thinking about gifting this one to my dad.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

I've been using CyanogenMod for a while. It's pretty simple, stable and looks better than stock LG UI. There's a bunch of themes available on play store to change the look of UI. Euphoria Dark is nice if you want a dark theme.

Sent from my LG G2 running CM 12

ali235

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site

Can you please post a link or give a tutorial for installing cm12 on lg g2 D800 because this will be the first for me

GeodudeFFP

May 15, 2014
Visit site

Hold off on rooting for now. It should already have Lollipop on it (or soon will...mine has had it a couple weeks). Just install Nova (or a similar launcher), and like you said, disable/remove bloatware, do the usual performance tweaks, and set it up the way you want it, and then use it for a while. If you want to THEN root it, go ahead...but it sounds like that's not a needed first step for you. Of course we all have our favorite apps, etc. but you probably know which ones you want to put on it.

Posted via the Android Central App