Hello people !
    My LG G2 was low on battery(6%) and I haven't had its original cable so mostly I charge it on slow charge.
    So at around 2% remaining I plugged it in and it shut down. Then LG Screen came back, and it started showing some Firmware Update(Do Not Plug Out USB) - which I was never aware of that I had got an update - It got stuck at 0% and phone died. I plugged out and in the charger and same thing happened for some time that LG Screen came, then update screen, and then phone dies after 5 minutes or so(mainly because the charge was not fast enough ). But the update always remained at 0 percent. Then even that stopped happening. As I plugged in, the red light blinked a few times, LG Screen came, then it shut down without going on update screen. This happened a few times, but I let it plugged so that it might get charged enough. But it didnt. And then it completely died, like now even the light doesn't blink, nothing happens no matter how long I put it on charge. I've even arranged an original G2 cable, but of no use. I popped the back and unscrewed to get the battery connector disconnected and connect it again, but even then nothing happens.
    When I plug in to the computer it says hardware not recognized but the phone remains dead.
    Also the phone doesn't even get warmed up no matter how long its plugged in on charge or on pc.
    I tried volume+Power button thing, and possibly all solutions that are available to bring even the slightest LED on it, but nothing at all happens.
    Is it dead? fried? finished ?
    04-25-2015 03:00 PM
    Hello people !
    My LG G2 was low on battery(6%) and I haven't had its original cable so mostly I charge it on slow charge.
    So at around 2% remaining I plugged it in and it shut down. Then LG Screen came back, and it started showing some Firmware Update(Do Not Plug Out USB) - which I was never aware of that I had got an update - It got stuck at 0% and phone died. I plugged out and in the charger and same thing happened for some time that LG Screen came, then update screen, and then phone dies after 5 minutes or so(mainly because the charge was not fast enough ). But the update always remained at 0 percent. Then even that stopped happening. As I plugged in, the red light blinked a few times, LG Screen came, then it shut down without going on update screen. This happened a few times, but I let it plugged so that it might get charged enough. But it didnt. And then it completely died, like now even the light doesn't blink, nothing happens no matter how long I put it on charge. I've even arranged an original G2 cable, but of no use. I popped the back and unscrewed to get the battery connector disconnected and connect it again, but even then nothing happens.
    When I plug in to the computer it says hardware not recognized but the phone remains dead.
    Also the phone doesn't even get warmed up no matter how long its plugged in on charge or on pc.
    I tried volume+Power button thing, and possibly all solutions that are available to bring even the slightest LED on it, but nothing at all happens.
    Is it dead? fried? finished ?
    Try a factory reset. Search the web for "Hard reset LG G2"
    04-25-2015 04:41 PM
    Try a factory reset. Search the web for "Hard reset LG G2"
    I already mentioned that I've tried all the solutions available, but no response at all.

Also I'd like to add to my original post that I was messing around with it, and the only source of life I detected was a very very very dim power button white backlit. So dim that I had to shut all the light to notice it properly. I plugged out the battery and plugged in again, to check if its responding to power button being pressed, but it didnt and now its gone again.
    04-25-2015 05:22 PM
    Bring the phone into your carrier. Explain that the battery died during the update, even though the phone was plugged in. It's their update, so they're responsible for any damage it does to the phone. (For instance, the update should check the battery level and quit if it's less than 75%. If they didn't write it that way, that's their problem to fix.)
    04-25-2015 05:26 PM
    Bring the phone into your carrier. Explain that the battery died during the update, even though the phone was plugged in. It's their update, so they're responsible for any damage it does to the phone. (For instance, the update should check the battery level and quit if it's less than 75%. If they didn't write it that way, that's their problem to fix.)
    I don't have any carrier warranty or anything here in Pakistan. Its an international version and was bought in Saudi Arabia. Warranty from retailer is long gone. Are you sure its the battery which is dead ?
    04-25-2015 05:36 PM
    I don't have any carrier warranty or anything here in Pakistan. Its an international version and was bought in Saudi Arabia. Warranty from retailer is long gone. Are you sure its the battery which is dead ?
    I say sell it on eBay...
    04-25-2015 06:24 PM
    I say sell it on eBay...
    I need it fixed ! It has important data in it
    04-26-2015 09:18 AM
    I need it fixed ! It has important data in it
    You could sell the battery and the charger.... but this could be hard to fix.
    04-26-2015 05:42 PM
    You could sell the battery and the charger.... but this could be hard to fix.
    but not impossible ?
    04-27-2015 03:03 PM
    Not impossible. It could be done with some hard work. But on the other hand what is impossible is rooting the Galaxy S4 Mini on AT&T! I can't seem to root it.
    04-27-2015 05:18 PM
    Okay so I took the phone to a local repair shop here. They put a new battery and voila. It worked. But I asked him to check if the charging is working okay or not. And it didn't. So I figured out that fake cables have screwed it's charging port. I then asked him to put a new charging port and my own battery. It worked. Its working now . it cost me around $25. Thanks everyone for help.
    05-09-2015 06:38 PM