Bluetooth Issues

Callizors

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I recently obtained a Slimport converter, Bluetooth mouse, and Bluetooth keyboard to use with my G2. However, I'm having problems with the Bluetooth devices staying connected to the phone. About every 10 seconds or so the mouse and keyboard will disconnect from the phone and about 5 seconds after that reconnect again. The Bluetooth itself is still turned on on the phone, and the devices are still turned on as well. It's just the connectivity that's the issue. This happens so much that my setup is unusable. I THINK that part of the problem is having the wi-fi and the Bluetooth turned on at the same time, but if I can't have both of them on at once then this setup is virtually useless. I read somewhere about maybe changing the wi-fi band that the phone connects to, but I'm not sure how I would do that. It does this both when it's plugged into the TV and when I just have the Bluetooth devices connected. It does it even if there is only one Bluetooth Device connected. It does, however, do it less frequently when I disconnect from the wi-fi. My phone is running the stock version of Lollipop on an unlocked T-mobile D801 on the Straight Talk network. Can anyone please help?

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You can try changing the wi-fi channel the router uses by logging into the router's settings via your computer browser--see your router's manual to learn how.

If the router is dual band (i.e., 2.4 GHz/5 GHz), you could try setting up the 5 GHz network and connect the phone preferentially to that. Bluetooth uses the 2.4 GHz band, so there's more chance it might get interference from the 2.4 GHz wi-fi band. Again, see your router's manual to learn how.

claud rapoza

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
im having the same problem, trying to stay connected to audio devices for example, its disconnecting and reconnecting periodically :(

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR