Is the LG G2 better than the Galaxy S4?

A

AC Question

Please help me - LG G2 questions

I'm strongly considering buying an LG G2, and just have a couple of questions about it....

Do you guys (who have this phone) think that it's too big? Does it fit nicely in your jeans pocket, shorts pocket, etc? Does it feel too tight, too uncomfortable?

Can you change the way you unlock the phone? Is there an option for a passcode/password?

Will it accidentally turn on in your pocket through either the back buttons or the "Knock-On" feature? I.e. Will the phone think you are double tapping it when it's in your pocket?

Will the phone spin around when you put it on its back (because the buttons are raised higher than the rest of the phone)?

Is the screen in fact smaller than the Galaxy s4 because of the on-screen buttons? In the LG G2, it has on-screen buttons, which might take up too much space, resulting in the screen size going from 5.2 inch to something like 5 inch??

Do you think it's better than the Galaxy s4?

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and helping me out 😀 I really appreciate it!

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: Please help me - LG G2 questions

I've had my G2 for ~18 months and I'd highly recommend it, especially at current price. Haven't had any major issues.

(1) No, I don't think the G2 is too big. I can easily use it one handed and it fits quite comfortably in pockets. It's about the same size as S4 and Moto X 2014.

(2) You can unlock the G2 with pin, pattern, knock code, etc.

(3) It doesn't spin unless you try to spin it.

(4) G2 doesn't turn on through back button or knock on when in pocket since proximity sensor is covered. Never had an issue.

(5) Screen is still bigger than S4 when watching movies or YouTube vids and playing games (hides buttons). You can also hide buttons in general and use pie controls if you want to utilize full screen size.

(6) I definitely think the G2 is better than the S4. I've used the S4 and I prefer the G2 since it feels better in hand, feels faster with less lag, back buttons are easier to use and gets much better battery life. I also prefer on screen buttons since you can customize or hide them. The G2 is also easier to root and has a ton of custom ROMs that you can flash to improve UI and overall performance.

Sent from my LG G2 running CM 12

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams