Ok so here's the story....ordered an LG G2 off Ebay in February...it was new manufactured for ATT but I'm using on Cricket. I had to send it back to them to be repaired (it was randomly shutting off and back on, a problem which isn't 100% fixed, but not what I'm posting about). When they sent it back the OS was upgraded to Lollipop 5.0.2. I have a bunch of issues with it but right now an irritating thing is happening which never occurred with kitkat. When I'm on a call, if a notification comes in, the screen must turn on because my cheek will occasionally interact with the screen and "tap" something...I know because the phone click in my ear, at which point I have to look at phone n make sure nothing happened, and that call didn't end.

Anyone else experiencing this? I have some other issues and would love to find an Android expert to assist, hopefully someone that has G2 experience. But help with this is appreciated....
    06-15-2015 10:48 AM
    Ok so here's the story....ordered an LG G2 off Ebay in February...it was new manufactured for ATT but I'm using on Cricket. I had to send it back to them to be repaired (it was randomly shutting off and back on, a problem which isn't 100% fixed, but not what I'm posting about). When they sent it back the OS was upgraded to Lollipop 5.0.2. I have a bunch of issues with it but right now an irritating thing is happening which never occurred with kitkat. When I'm on a call, if a notification comes in, the screen must turn on because my cheek will occasionally interact with the screen and "tap" something...I know because the phone click in my ear, at which point I have to look at phone n make sure nothing happened, and that call didn't end.

Anyone else experiencing this? I have some other issues and would love to find an Android expert to assist, hopefully someone that has G2 experience. But help with this is appreciated....
    Welcome to Android Central!

Do you know which app you are getting the notification from when the screen turns on? The messaging app maybe?
    06-17-2015 02:56 PM
    Actually after paying close attn to when it's happening, the problem seems to occur not when notifications are coming in, but rather when I walk outside into the sunlight. At first I thought maybe it was the temp, or temp change. I work in an office (mid 70's) and here in FL it's been in the middle 90's lately, so I thought maybe the temp change caused something? But this morning when I walked out into the sun (only about 80ish then) the screen turned on. Is there a light sensor adjustment?
    06-18-2015 10:20 AM