Emergency Call - Personal Info

lokybarz

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I noticed under the Emergency Call tab where it lists your ICE contacts there is a little sub tab to list Personal Information in theory that could be used by EMTs and Police to help better identify you if you are found unresponsive and possibly bleeding out or whatever crazy thing is happening to you at that second. I know there are going to be plenty of arguments against listing anything there, I'm just trying to figure out how especially if anyone asks me.

I know its not through the Owners information to display on the lock-screen, which would be easier for the record. Anyone else have any luck figuring that out yet or is it really simple and I'm just an oaf in this case?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-12-11-51-33.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-09-12-11-51-33.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 4

Rizotto

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
A friend of mine is an EMT and from what I've heard they check your wrists, neck and wallet for ID or information about your health/allergies, but doesn't sound like it's common practice to check someone's phone. This is also for legal reasons - because it could be considered an invasion of privacy. Also, most people lock their phones with a password/number code so EMT/police wouldn't be able to access it anyway.

lokybarz

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
This is under the emergency stuff that's not locked and I know several who have been informed to check the phones since this feature has been enabled. Hence why I'm wondering how it works.

Azha Nei

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Any call made after hitting Emergency Call will go through, even if the phone is locked. So there's really not a privacy issue. They look through your wallet for an ID for Pete's sake. The call will NOT work, though, if your phone is in airplane mode.

You can also always make a 911 call from any smart phone, even if there' no longer a service contract with it. So keep you old cell phone in your car.

But back to topic, I'm also trying to figure out how to add Personal Info. The Verizon support forum wasn't any help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc